X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have some questions...please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have some questions...please help

First: If i were to buy lowering springs for my car, would I have to buy anything else or do anything else besides an alignment?

Second: What Jaguar rims will fit the X type? I already know the S-type will...anything else?

Third: Debadge? I think it would look a lot better. There is too much back there for that little space. Opinions and pics please!

Fourth: Which lights do the HID work well with. I figure the dip beams would be fine due to the projectors. The foglights would just be for looks. But what about the High Beams? I am thinking the light will just scatter. Should i just keep the halogens?

Fifth: Anyone have any kind of wheel splash guars on their cars? I am noticing an alarming amound of rock chips on the lower quaters of the front and rear fenders and the front doors along with the sill panel ground effects. I really dont want to, but anything to keep it from getting all torn up

Sixth: The leather in these cars...what kind is it and what is best to use to restore this particular leather without splotching and what not.

Any help would be appreciated on any of the issues. I am hoping between everyone that all of them can be answered.

Thanks

Matt

Old 04-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: I have some questions...please help

First: ?

Second: ?

Third: debadge where? front grill?

Fourth:keep the halogens

Fifth:I don't but someone on here does... i can't remember who. i am sure they will be along soon however.

Sixth: Again, the bad memory comes into play here but, I saw how someone used a product to "dye" their seats. They did not change the color or anything just restored them. They came out looking brand new! If you search around on here for it you should find the thread. I do remember that they ordered the product from the UK online.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:42 PM

debadge the trunk. The grill is fine.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Veteran Member

so you mean like the "3.0" and "X-Type"? not a bad idea.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:15 PM

well you have convinced my feeble mind. I will do and get some pics depending on the weather tomorrow and will also provide a simple write up of it for anyone else wanting to do it. I debdaged my Formula and it looked clean!

Old 04-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Veteran Member

cool. we would like to know the correct way to do this.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Yeah...i am going to give it a try anyhow...

What i am really wondering about also is the lowering springs...

Old 04-03-2008, 08:42 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

You can cut the stuff off with dental floss..But I like the looks of that stuff on the back..if yours has the AWD thingy, I'd say cut that off...but leave the rest alone

Lowering the X would be too low..I think you'd be sorry after you started to bottom out on things, or at least the ride would be very stiff..I think the X is low enough...

I got all four mud flaps from Jaguar dealer (has the JAGUAR LOGO)..they are under $50.00 for all fourIIRC..But definitely a must to keep the sides cleaner

Also, nothing wrong with the Halogens and fogs that came with the car..You can get some nice bright white Silver Stars and they'll look perfect..If you're after the look

You asked, so remember this is Just my opinion..Good luck with whatever you do

Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 PM

Thanks dennis for the advice.

I have noticed that the car seems like it sits high, but only sometimes. I have no clue why. Im just looking for something fairly inexpensive to make it a little different. Since the resale on these are **** i cant get rid of it for something different without loosing my ***, so i have to change this. The longest i have ever kept a car is one year and this is approacing that... Might just buy something else cheap though... I think it will look great debadged as well, and if it doesnt, i will put them back on. I am going to use the fishing line method along with a hair dryer to safely remove my emblems. They just guad the back up too much if you ask me and are a pain in the *** to keep looking good.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Get the mudflaps asap at least on the fronts (front metal wing) (rear plastic bumper).
Mine got stone chips at the bottom of the wings (fenders) and started to rust because of road debris.
No probs since fitting the mudflaps.Best to get set of 4 Jaguar ones though.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:06 AM

will do. Soon this bad boy will be sitting under a cover again till a nice day or somewhere nice to go. Buying a truck most likely within the week but i have to put a transmission in it. We will see guys. Maybe with the car sitting i will have more time to do a few things.

Oh, i debadged it and it looks a whole lot cleaner, sleeker, and all together sexier than it did before. If i can ever get my camera to work i will give a decent write up on how to do it best.