X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if it's not one thing it's another

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default if it's not one thing it's another

Okay so my 02 Jag as this problem that started slow and after about the last five thousand miles it contain only gotten worse to the point of where it doesn't want to even accelerate like s*** had Bank 1 Bank 2 below threshold efficiency problems checked everything from bad wheel bearings to sensors to injectors to fuel flow everything seems correct given up so let's put some big bumps in the car well there's no speaker wires in the rear of the vehicle only in the doors so some wires from the CD changer telephone location and trunk there's a three wires that are black orange and green and orange and they sparked and blew a fuse V one over third one from the bottom up 15 amp I believe it is number 70 2 replaced now I have misfire on cylinder 4 p1314 code p1316 code car will not accelerate at all so after all these different problems what could be the solution to fix my misfire and rough idle and no acceleration and 500 other things I just went wrong with this f****** car

Old 11-27-2017, 08:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

The P1314 and P1316 are for misfires in each cylinder bank that are severe enough to cause catylitic converter damage. They should also be accompanied codes for the individual cylinders, P0300-P0306. Could be plugs need to be changed, some coils could be bad or the intake manifold gaskets need to be changed. Could be a combination of all three. If the check engone light is flashing I wouldn't recommend driving it.

Welcome to the forums. There is a wealth of information on here. And a lot of friendly helpful people willing to help. Hope you can get your issues sorted very quickly.

Old 11-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Forget the bling stuff. Deal with the faults.

Use Search with the codes and read the advice - it's why it's on here. You appear to have nothing new.

If posting again please put in the effort to make your post more readable!

Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Alfadude
The P1314 and P1316 are for misfires in each cylinder bank that are severe enough to cause catylitic converter damage. They should also be accompanied codes for the individual cylinders, P0300-P0306. Could be plugs need to be changed, some coils could be bad or the intake manifold gaskets need to be changed. Could be a combination of all three. If the check engone light is flashing I wouldn't recommend driving it.

Welcome to the forums. There is a wealth of information on here. And a lot of friendly helpful people willing to help. Hope you can get your issues sorted very quickly.
so I won't know whether or not the vehicle has a flashing engine light because the engine light bulb has been taken out due to the vehicle is salvaged light must never shut off and the people just took it out so it look like it was a good running car regardless the problem with it not to do with fuel pump the fuel pump is now been replaced but the aftermarket something that didn't even go for jag but works just as fine after rebuilding the sending unit vehicle runs up to acceleration like needed but not to 3200 RPM is a vehicle cuts out like a goes into limp mode and then continues to drive normal again replace maybe plugs on it and see if I can figure out issue with misfiring cylinder for but like I said well wires off the amp out of the trunk for the telephone at Ark and blew fuse is what caused the very beginning of the misfire

Old 11-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Your car is in limp mode. See my original posts on where to start trouble shooting.

As someone else has said, it is very hard to follow your posts or understand you completely as you don't use any sentence structure or punctuation, you just have a long string of words. I think you might have mentioned you changed the fuel pump with a non-OEM one and the car worked fine for a while. That would not cause the codes you have, nor would the amp/wire/speaker issue.

You said the car has a salvage title? Do you know why that is? An accident, flood, etc? The more details you can share on the history of car the better.

If the seller took out the bulbs for warning lights that might be a violation of your state laws and you might have recourse against the seller, although it sounds like you have had the car for quite a while now. Might still be worth checking into even though it is a salvaged vehicle.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

And the lights need fixing.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:22 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

"but like I said well wires off the amp out of the trunk for the telephone at Ark and blew fuse is what caused the very beginning of the misfire"

Do not wander off the path by confusing coincidence with cause... Seeing a bird flying above you right before a tire blows does not mean the bird caused the tire to blow.

As others have stated above, try to address each problem you observe as clearly and accurately as possible. There is a tremendous amount of expertise and willingness to help on this site as long as the one seeking help is able to communicate the problem.

Have you tried replacing the coils? Since you are getting P1314 & P1316 this should indicate that the faulty bank is #2 (left) and is to the front of the car, thus allowing much greater access to the coils/plugs.

Another possible cause is that the catalytic converter (Bank #2) is failed or partially blocked and is restricting exhaust from exiting the bank as it should. This could cause problems you described above (excluding the problems with the wheel well wiring).

Are you only getting P1314 & P1316 fault codes, since that seems unlikely. What other codes are showing?

Be patient, you purchased a SALVAGED car yet expect it to perform without problems. Only you can decide if the problems you find now are worth fixing.

If you continue to drive the vehicle without correcting the engine problem(s), you could damage the engine and have to salvage it again.....

Old 12-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Angry

So everything has been done that I've been told to do. New coils ,ane fuel pump was replaced again and mass air flow sensor. Throttle body and tranny flush and replacement plug for throttle motor. This is a 2002, xtype 3.0 automatic. 165500 when you first turn the key on after hard resetting it it says engine management fault gearbox fault both yellow and red lights are on underneath the vehicle start fine but there is no pedal unplug the throttle body motor or still no pedal I ran a volt tester owns reader from plug into the ECU and there is a path of current that runs through both wires where do I start now and can you use an ECU out of a 2.5 manual . So with Diagnostics tool there is voltage when you press the gas pedal down.so that part's working. Just to drive the vehicle, I just use the jumper wire on the throttle body motor and ran 3.5 volts to 9 volts of power through it just to get the car from point A to point B to get it out of the area. it is in limp mode and you cannot go over like 5 miles an hour. While jumping the Throttle Motor you are able to get up to 70 miles an hour plus. but turning on and off for the voltage so vehicle increace in speed .though is getting really bad gas mileage about 4.4 miles to the gallon smell of fuel is overwhelming coming from the thing it's flooding itself out and not getting enough air due to the Throttle Motor not working what else you can be done what needs to be done