X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignored by car parts companies B&I/Sherwood/CarID

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ignored by car parts companies B&I/Sherwood/CarID

I would like to express my displeasure with the three companies listed in my title with regard to their customer service.
I have been looking for a wood dash kit now for MONTHS for my 05 x-type.
I purchased one from CarID.com which wasn't even remotely close to the claimed "100%" match. This particular kit came from B&I dash kits. Well, CarID did take the kit back and issued a full refund but refused to help me find a better match from one of their many other suppliers.
I called B&I directly and asked for assistance in possibly having a custom color made that matched my interior. They never returned my calls or emails. (a simple no would have worked, but silence).
I also have tried to contact Sherwood dash, which from research does in fact have supposedly the perfect match. They do not respond to emails, phone calls, messages.
I am left with the conclusion that it is not possible to buy a wood dash kit let alone find one that matches. I suggest before anyone uses these distributors that they think twice.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 172 Posts

Harry, Hi I don't think we've spoken before but am sorry to hear your anguish.

I have had many issues with various retailers/companies and like to vote with my feet, there is no excuse for bad customer service.

Personally speaking I have had the best experiences from speaking to fellow enthusiasts, decent staff or ahem finding them first and well, the best is to start here.

Hang in there, don't give up, why not post your specification here and I think you'll strike lucky!! I can't state enough praise for this place the one and only Jaguarforum!
Fingers Crossed for you! Stu

The following users liked this post:
GGG (02-19-2014)