X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jag has found a good home

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Jag has found a good home

My Wife's X Type needed a new home "She who must be obeyed at all times & without question" Had spoken. She loved the car but needed smaller car for shopping. Had the 2007 X Type 2.2 SE for 5 years, she is the second owner, all documents confirm mileage at 23,405. I know what you're thinking & I understand why, but it is the genuine mileage.

We were both concerned that it should go to a good home, not some numpty that would treat her badly. It was a bit like finding a home for your dog. You want only the best for it. Well the car has gone to an excellent home, true Jag lovers I'm delighted. They are on this Forum (Can't recall their forum name)

Car is for son of Man that came to see it. Son is really happy with it. This means a lot to us. Above all She who must be etc Is very happy with everything, So the Jag has gone to a good home & we have breathed a sigh of relief, confident that she will be well cared for.

Wife has had two X Types, the thing about Jag's is that they are addictive. Own one just once & that's it, your hooked for life & I've found out why.

Jaguar have a Wizard working for them. He casts a spell on each car causing the owner to fall in love with all Jaguars. Happened to us, probably happened to you.

Apparently the EU following complaints from disgruntled German car makers are investigating the activities of this mysterious Wizard. They seek him here, they seek him, there but cannot find him anywhere.
"It's a kind of magic"

It's been a while since I have been on this Forum, usually go on the other one. Unfortunately I feel it has sadly declined in its appeal to me.

I find this Forum more user friendly & the content is more windswept & interesting.

Hope you won't mind if this interloper, from the land of the Jag less, drops in from time to time.

Roger.

The following users liked this post:
JimC64 (10-20-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 07:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Roger, thanks for the post.
It was I and my son Peter who visited you and bought the car for my older son Jamie. As I have said to you and others, the car was in excellent shape, can't believe that the paintwork is almost flawless for year and mileage.

Talking of mileage, less than 24k on a 2007 car, wow, she's still as tight as a drum and barely run in yet, Jamie is soo pleased to say the least.
He loves the colour and I think has decided to keep the dash wood ( so far - that may change ) and also the chrome bumper strips.
So far, we've cleaned n detailed her as thoroughly as we can,

1.The wheel have came off and thoroughly cleaned inside n out
2. Wheel hubs painted silver
3. wheel calipers painted black
4. All windows cleaned inside n out, interior carpets cleaned and leather cleaned and treated ( although about as immaculate as you could get, almost like new!! )
5. Car thoroughly washed n cleaned, including all door edges and door shuts, boot area and underbonnet
6. engine bay area detailed, JAGUAR on engine cover hand painted red, Jaguar Leaper painted red and added too.
7. Wheel centre caps added to top of shock towers.
8. Although very recently serviced, air filter, pollen filter and engine oil filter / oil changed.
9. New wheel centre caps and Jaguar tyre valve caps ordered and fitted.
10. Locking wheel nuts removed and binned, complete new set of wheel nuts ordered and fitted.
11. New wiper blades ordered
12. New car mats ordered
13. New reg plates ordered to be fitted with 3M tape instead of screws
14. Rear window tints still to be done

She ran like an absolute champ all the way home to Glasgow, around 250 miles and never missed a beat. The downside was in the last 10 miles or so a stone kicked up and chipped the windscreen, so a new one will be ordered soon.

I'm sure there's more, I'm sure there's some I may have missed but that's the bulk of it, mostly just a little cleaning n tidying up and renewing a few small parts etc trying to put his stamp on it.
I'll post up pics when done........a beautiful car loved n looked after and rest assured we'll do the same.

A pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife and thanks for allowing us to take ownership of a great ride
Best
Jim

Maureensxtype (10-21-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Jim, your son want to sell an X Type? (wink wink....)

JimC64 (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 05:58 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Seems like it did find itself a good home Roger.

JimC64 (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 05:04 PM
Default X type with a smile

Jim, As previously stated we are so pleased that Jamie likes the car. It has been a pleasure to spend time with both you & Peter, please pass on our best wishes to Jamie.

The improvements that you have & are intending to make. Will take the car back to as near as it is possible to get to its condition as it left the factory. All X types when changing Owner should have such good fortune.

Norrie, Your words are spot on.

Shame about stone chip on windscreen 10 miles from home. Looking on the bright side, I suppose better for it to happen there than 200+ miles earlier.

I understand on that day you drove down to London, calling on us on the way back. An incredible 800+ miles in one day. I don't travel that far when I fly a Cessna 152.

We are both really looking forward to seeing photo's when finished. I can imagine the car with a great big smile on her face.

Best regards to everyone on the Forum,

Roger.

JimC64 (10-21-2015)
Old 10-21-2015, 06:43 PM
Veteran Member

Yes Roger, the stone chip was really unfortunate, a real shame, but we'll just have to deal with it I guess.

Re travel on the day, left Glasgow and travelled to London, called to see you in Cannock, back to Glasgow, then on to Falkirk to visit my uncle late on around 10.30 ( he was in hospital and given only days to live, died 2 days ago unfortunately )......then back to Cumbernauld for 888 miles total.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member

Well, got a little more done today........

As you know, the locking wheel nuts were binned, well today all old style Jaguar wheel nuts removed and replaced with fresh chromed single piece versions. There should be no issues with them from now on and just that simple thing lefts the wheels just another little bit.

New reg plates added front n rear complete with GB Scotland logos either side of course.
Stratstone logo removed from rear window.
Going to add a leaper to the engine cover, as you may know we hand painted the JAGUAR lettering red, so the chrome leaper has been done to match

Name:  20150426_234808_zpsct0uswg4.jpg
Views: 3146
Size:  119.3 KB

Name:  20151022_193549_zps0flvyzu3.jpg
Views: 3114
Size:  62.2 KB

Not much left to do now, tint the rear windows and order a new front windscreen to replace the damaged one, should be just about job done, then we can add pics

Old 10-22-2015, 05:16 PM

Jim, That Jaguar Leaper looks outstanding, the GB Scotland logos, excellent idea. Chrome wheel nuts will give her that extra style.

Sincere condolences from Maureen & I at losing your Uncle.

Best regards,

Roger.

JimC64 (10-22-2015)
Old 10-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member

Here is the engine cover c/w red JAGUAR and Leaper, alongside the wheel centre caps atop the strut mounts......
Sorry about the crappy pics but you get the idea.....

<a href="http://s140.photobucket.com/user/jaycam0802/media/1aa_zpss6dfdoxl.jpg.html" target="_blank" abp="2293">Name:  1aa_zpss6dfdoxl.jpg
Views: 3114
Size:  112.2 KB
<a href="http://s140.photobucket.com/user/jaycam0802/media/2aa_zpsoasnaetw.jpg.html" target="_blank" abp="2297">Name:  2aa_zpsoasnaetw.jpg
Views: 3117
Size:  137.2 KB
<a href="http://s140.photobucket.com/user/jaycam0802/media/3aa_zpsjkcjchth.jpg.html" target="_blank" abp="2301">Name:  3aa_zpsjkcjchth.jpg
Views: 3153
Size:  147.3 KB

Old 10-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member

Car about as done / completed as can be for now, all except the chipped windscreen, replaced in the next week or so, see pics below......

Name:  JSC1_zps7d5x25rg.jpg
Views: 3137
Size:  90.6 KB
Name:  JSC7_zps3w2q5xlq.jpg
Views: 3157
Size:  149.1 KB

Name:  JSC5_zpsauiop5p9.jpg
Views: 3121
Size:  94.0 KB
Name:  JSC4_zps3vlk0vq8.jpg
Views: 3042
Size:  129.7 KB
Name:  JSC3_zpspgqtcwnx.jpg
Views: 3159
Size:  154.7 KB
Name:  JSC6_zpsktihmv5s.jpg
Views: 3166
Size:  133.8 KB
Name:  JSC11_zpsx8rpernr.jpg
Views: 3165
Size:  141.9 KB
Name:  JSC10_zpstfie16n1.jpg
Views: 3140
Size:  105.9 KB
Name:  JSC8_zpstaqs9hxg.jpg
Views: 3136
Size:  174.2 KB
Name:  JSC2_zpsnfispcj4.jpg
Views: 3045
Size:  119.8 KB
Name:  JSC9_zpswcwvwliv.jpg
Views: 3163
Size:  172.8 KB
Name:  JSC14_zpsbjwgbnio.jpg
Views: 3108
Size:  132.8 KB
Name:  JSC13_zpspw5h99rw.jpg
Views: 3079
Size:  162.8 KB
Name:  JSC12_zpss0d9unmm.jpg
Views: 3107
Size:  127.8 KB

Old 10-26-2015, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

I bet it didn't look that good new! Nice job.

JimC64 (10-26-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Veteran Member

Well, looks like he's getting personal plates to add to the Jag now.....

X14 JSC should look good
hopefully arrive in a week or two, then sort out the paperwork and get it added, nice touch

Old 10-28-2015, 07:29 AM
Default The best of outcomes

Thanks everyone for your Posts. Jags aren't like any other car, they put a spell on you. For instance when we have parted with other cars (not Jag's) we don't give a second thought to how they will be looked after. We found, not so, with Jag's, can't bear the thought that they won't be cared for. Bit like re-homing your faithful dog, you want only the best for it. So it has been with the Wife's Jags.

Well thanks to this Forum & JimC64 Car has found the best home possible, can't tell you what a relief this is. Some say you can't expect to find the perfect owner, for your Jag & they're right. But we did, against all odds. A great day for the Jag, us, & most importantly Jim & his Son. So thanks again to this Forum. Thought of the car part exchanged, going to auction. Being poked & prodded by all & sundry was to hard to mention.

Always considered myself to be rational, Wife is same used to be Nurse in Special Care Baby Unit, no place for being irrational there.
But when the Jag factor happens there's no defence. Strange that a car even a Jag had this effect on us.

The car now that Jim & his Son's have done so much work on her, is about as close as possible to the car was as it left the factory. You can all see the improvements, all done with good taste. Particularly like the Chrome wheel nuts & the under bonnet leaper etc. Just looks so good.

The car has been awarded the "she who must be obeyed at all times & without question" Seal of Approval. Thanks again Jim.

Roger.

Well, sometimes things do work out for everyone.

JimC64 (10-28-2015)
Old 02-22-2016, 10:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default This is the thread...

Originally Posted by Maureensxtype
Thanks everyone for your Posts. Jags aren't like any other car, they put a spell on you. For instance when we have parted with other cars (not Jag's) we don't give a second thought to how they will be looked after. We found, not so, with Jag's, can't bear the thought that they won't be cared for. Bit like re-homing your faithful dog, you want only the best for it. So it has been with the Wife's Jags.

Well thanks to this Forum & JimC64 Car has found the best home possible, can't tell you what a relief this is. Some say you can't expect to find the perfect owner, for your Jag & they're right. But we did, against all odds. A great day for the Jag, us, & most importantly Jim & his Son. So thanks again to this Forum. Thought of the car part exchanged, going to auction. Being poked & prodded by all & sundry was to hard to mention.

Always considered myself to be rational, Wife is same used to be Nurse in Special Care Baby Unit, no place for being irrational there.
But when the Jag factor happens there's no defence. Strange that a car even a Jag had this effect on us.

The car now that Jim & his Son's have done so much work on her, is about as close as possible to the car was as it left the factory. You can all see the improvements, all done with good taste. Particularly like the Chrome wheel nuts & the under bonnet leaper etc. Just looks so good.

The car has been awarded the "she who must be obeyed at all times & without question" Seal of Approval. Thanks again Jim.

Roger.

Well, sometimes things do work out for everyone.
...that epitomises my desire to own a Jaguar, and my feelings about being on this forum. I feel as though I were invited to join an extremely welcoming club where I instantly felt engaged and interested.

How fantastic to read such pride of ownership and pleasure in another's fortune.

Thank you so much for helping me to realise what value there is in a shared, considerate interest in Jaguar ownership. Jamie is a very lucky young man.

JimC64 (02-22-2016)
Old 02-22-2016, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Gr8?
...that epitomises my desire to own a Jaguar, and my feelings about being on this forum. I feel as though I were invited to join an extremely welcoming club where I instantly felt engaged and interested.

How fantastic to read such pride of ownership and pleasure in another's fortune.

Thank you so much for helping me to realise what value there is in a shared, considerate interest in Jaguar ownership. Jamie is a very lucky young man.
Roger and Maureen were fantastic people ,the sort you don't meet everyday but wish you did, really nice, welcoming and friendly, the whole buying experience made easy really.

The car was in great shape for year and mileage, as you've perhaps already read, we made our own little adjustments to freshen her up a little with a few personal touches.
Jamie's now has his own plate on the car ( need to get a few updated pics added ) and is still surprised at the amount of attention he and the car gets from all n sundry.

God forbid such a car should go to auction / part exchanged.....god only knows who might have owned it and what they may have done, or not done.
Welcome to the Jag experience and hope to see you around the forums

Old 02-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Default The Best Of All Outcomes

When Wife was faced with parting with her X Type (needed smaller car) She fretted about it going to a bad home, to a lesser degree so did I.

Main concern if we sold privately would get people who believe a Jag is like any other car & therefore may not treat it well.

Thought about this for a while, then realized the home of Jag lovers is the Forum. Placed a for Sale post on the Forum, led to JimC64 & his Son visiting & looking at the X Type, bought it same day, drove it back to it's new home.

Have to say that both Jim & His Son were a pleasure to deal with. Like many Women Maureen is not easily pleased, some of you may have experience of this. Well Maureen was delighted that Jim & his Son were having the X Type, knew it was going to a good home, meant a lot to both of us.

I know what some of you are thinking, it's just a car, well this one was a bit like Herbie always put a smile on your face, I know it's daft but true.

As previously mentioned the car had very low mileage, never seen one with less. Until the other day, it was a 2009 Sovereign, 8,000 miles I think, previous owner, The Queen.

Like to thank all previous Posters for their interest & kind words. Very best wishes to Jim & his family.
Jamie, your own plate on the car, right thing to do, puts your identity on the car. Well done.

Best regards,

Roger.

JimC64 (02-24-2016)
Old 02-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Veteran Member

Nice to hear from you, see you around on the forum Roger, hope you and Maureen are doing well?
Please tell Maureen that her baby is still A ok and giving Jamie lots of pleasure, still driving around with a grin ear to ear....lol

Hopefully in around 2-3 years time if / when he makes the jump to XE / XF someone else may get to love her and care for her for the later part of her life.

Best
Jim

Old 02-25-2016, 04:21 AM

Pleased that Jamie is enjoying the car, just like any car Jags move on. When that time comes & jamie moves on as he rightly will, we know car is in the best hands for this.

Best regards to all,

Roger.