X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jaguar hate/jealousy

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 02:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default jaguar hate/jealousy

i used to be a full time DJ, but changed fields a few years back and now i only do it one night a week. been working at the same bar for 6 years now, and i have come to know about 80% of the cops who work around the bar district. so tonight i was heading home after work and my work car was in the shop, so i had to drive the jag. there are really only 2 lights on the strip where the bars are, and at the first light i got stuck behind 3 cabs, all turning left, none with directionals on. so when the last one stopped to turn left, i was fed up and drove into the right lane and around the cab.

this is where is starts.

so before i could go a city block further down the road a cop behind me throws on his lights and i pull to the right. he pulls up next to me, turns on the search light into my face and starts to shout at me. unluckily for me, the 2 guys in the car fell into the 20% i don't know. among the things he said were, and i quote, "just because you have an $80,000 car does not mean you can drive like an *******". then he proceeds to explain to me how i changed lanes without signaling and was going 35 in a 25mph zone. the oh-so-nice officer then asked me "why i felt the need to drive like an *******". i kindly explained how it had been a bad night of work (indians won, but it took almost 6 hours and killed the normal crowd) and i had been stuck behind 3 cabs who did not signal, it was 3:15am and i wanted to get home. he had some more choice words for me.

i know how the cops operate here at this time of night. they were banking on the fact i was a drunk ******* trying to showoff somehow, and once they found out what the case really was they backed off and let me go. i guess it helps that i dropped the name of their commanding officer on the street that night, who just happens to be a good friend of mine due to all the yearsof working with him.

until now i have never run into any ill will towards me because of the fact i have a jaguar. the cops changed that forever for me. if only i had been in a position to let them know how much i paid for the car, just to see the look on the faces. so i guess owning my jag is a double-edged sword - yes people stop and watch as i drive by, but jealousy can be a bad thing.

ps> on a side note, i wanted to get my winter wheels balanced today in preparation for the snow. called around to 4 shops for prices. for the most part, everyone quoted me $39.95 per 4 wheels. 2 shops asked me, after the quote, what kind of car i had. once they heard jaguar, the price shot up to $14 and $15 per wheel, respectively.*******s.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default RE: jaguar hate/jealousy

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  7.4 KB

Hey nineball.............that **** happens buddy, good that you got away with it though
There's always gonna be the have's snd the have nots and jealousy will be there..............just gotta rise above it mate.
I bet those guys faces changed when you dropped their CO's name into the convo?....lol

Jim

Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

So what kind of amp do you have? LOL! Sorry to hear about the harassment. That's haters for you. You'll only find more along the way.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks..and it is kind of funny all at the same time.

As for the balance costs...that's just the difference between a standard balance and a road force balance. The road force balance should be used on Jags and other high end cars and it takes longer, more labor, etc. It has nothing to do with the fact that you drive a Jag specifically, but they should have asked first. By the way, I just paid $13/wheel so that doesn't sound too far off.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  7.4 KB

Its about on a par with what you can expect to pay over here although I don't pay anything
Mines done for free
A little blackmail goes a longgg way...........I'll be bringing you my company car that does 35k-40k a year, my wifes car, my daughters car as well asmy mother in laws.............what are you gonna do for me???
Works well..................tell them you're gonna give them all your business, tyres, exhausts, batteries etc etc

Jim

Old 10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bad biggie. bad

Old 10-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Hunter road force is the best one
Hey dear mod, you almost counted all the cars of your family lol

Old 10-16-2007, 10:19 PM