Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar Vehicle Tracking

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Vehicle Tracking

Anybody heard or seen this!!

Called JaguarWatch¹, this unique vehicle location system combines satellite-based GPS technology with GSM cellular service to deliver accurate, real-time location, speed and heading data around the clock. The first year of access is complimentary, and a toll-free customer line is at your service. Available exclusively at Jaguar dealers, JaguarWatch provides personal vehicle tracking, theft recovery, and coverage discounts with most insurers. Please check with your dealer for more information.
Any thoughts???

Old 02-27-2007, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Jaguar Vehicle Tracking

I think it's just another way for the gov't to try and control us. This way they can tell where we are at all times. That's why they allocate so much money to Nasa. That way satellites can keep us in check by tracking our cell phones.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights3.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  4.8 KB

Got sumthin simialr on my Saab Andersen......well, similarish

JC

Old 02-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Veteran Member

Sounds like the GM version of ON*STAR now that I think of it!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigdreams05

I think it's just another way for the gov't to try and control us. This way they can tell where we are at all times. That's why they allocate so much money to Nasa. That way satellites can keep us in check by tracking our cell phones.
You couldn't be more wrong. I have more than first hand knowledge of how these systems work. I deploy GPS Tracking Solutions through the 3rd largest wireless carrier in the country. I could explain in detail for you if you like.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I could explain in detail for you if you like.

OK

Old 02-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, here is the deal.

There are roughly 26 GPS use satellites that orbit the earth and can be used for civilian purpose. These are single direction satellites only. This means they only transmit long. and lat.coordinates to the ground and can not upload or "pull" information from something on the ground (a phone or GPS system). Most of these satellites are used for Construction Surveying, Basic GPS Tracking, E-911,GPS Navigation, and so on. The number one vertical use is the Trucking industry. Trucking companies need GPS information on their trucks for several reasons. Most is to make sure that the employees are taking the correct routes and not speeding. We save large trucking companies millions ayear in fuel and fines with the tracking services we offer. Also, police and first responders use it to track their vehicles in times of emergancies. Also, service companies use it to track mobile workers to make sure they arrive and depart customers at the correct time and to keep tabs on the speed and routes their workers take. This saves companies millions a year when you cut down on waistfull travel and expenses.

A device like the one above (Jaguar GPS system) uses a cell phone (or parts of one) that stores GPS points in it at a set interval (probably every 30 minutes or more). Once it has stored a certain number of points or if the phone in the GPS system is told to update it sends all the stored points to the cell phone carrier which then uploads them to Jaguar.

The signal on a TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) cell network is encrypted from its source and to its final destination. Jaguar (or whoever they use to write the software) then plots the GPS Long and Lat onto a mapping problem (generally they use Mappoint USA or ESRI).

Nothing fancy but WAY too much information for a carrier to transmit to any government agency. Also MUCH too much information to simply store forever.

I suppose some of the information could be court subpoenaed if needed for some reason by the Govt. but that would have to take place probably within 6 months of the information being gathered.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  Jagbrightlights5.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  4.7 KB

All I know is that my Company want to put one into my car.....which is not a company vehicle!
I've told them at least 3 times so far to go and take a long walk off a short pier...........they keep trying it on........we pay you an allownace every month, we pay business mileage etc, therefore, technically speaking, it is a company car.
I said............"Whose names on the documents?".........Well then, that was the end of that conversation, but I know its going that way!!!
I for one don't want it, but its getting to the stage wer'e not gonna have a choice soon

Jim C

Old 02-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT TRACKING YOU, THERE ARE NO CONSPIRACIES. JUST GO WATCH YOUR TV, DRIVE, AND PAY YOUR TAXES.

but seriously people think they are too important, actually thinking government is spying on them. It's more just to track stolen vehicles and what not, just like OnStar as somebody else mentioned. People have to take a chill pill, the US is lookin out for our interests.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Veteran Member

Ahh, who gives a hoot! Gov't won't mess with me as long as Uncle Sam and I are in good terms!!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sparked a good one here!!![sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-25-2022, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vehicle Tracking

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Jaguar to get this information? I live in OKC. My car was stolen.

The following users liked this post:
EdwardBradway (03-09-2023)