X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar x-type 2.5 2002 Cruise control not available check engine lamp

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar x-type 2.5 2002 Cruise control not available check engine lamp

Hello, i have a jaguar x type from 2002 2.5 l.
I have the check engine led on all the time and random it comes also the message cruise control not available and i cant go more than 3000 rpm.
I noticed that in the morning when the engine its cold, the check engine blinks and i can feel that acceleration and brake pedal are not working normam, the brakes don't hold good and the acceleration i have to push it more so i can drive, after few minutes the check engine doesnt blink anymore but it stays on, and acceleration and brake pedals are working normal.
I have the folowing errors
-p0300 p0304 p0305 p0306
-p1647
-p0333
-p1313 p1314 p1316.
I was at service and they changed the sparks, and then i have only the erros from cilinders 4 and 6 and lambda sond.
They said its possible to be the injection bobines. From the 4 and 6 cilinders,or the lamba sond

Old 12-11-2015, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by mutu88
Hello, i have a jaguar x type from 2002 2.5 l.
I have the check engine led on all the time and random it comes also the message cruise control not available and i cant go more than 3000 rpm.
I noticed that in the morning when the engine its cold, the check engine blinks and i can feel that acceleration and brake pedal are not working normam, the brakes don't hold good and the acceleration i have to push it more so i can drive, after few minutes the check engine doesnt blink anymore but it stays on, and acceleration and brake pedals are working normal.
I have the folowing errors
-p0300 p0304 p0305 p0306
-p1647
-p0333
-p1313 p1314 p1316.
I was at service and they changed the sparks, and then i have only the erros from cilinders 4 and 6 and lambda sond.
They said its possible to be the injection bobines. From the 4 and 6 cilinders,or the lamba sond
I am sorry, i dont know how to edit the post and i didnt finish the thread.

I also have the hose from the cooling tank broken,see foto, but the temperature its normal all the time.
Also the guys from the service they dont know hiw the cilynders are located by numbers, they want to change the bobines from cilynders 4 and 6. Can anybody tell me how they are located by numbers?

Thank you for any answer.
I would apreciate some opinions.

Hose from the cooling tank its broken

Is this pvc hose original? I saw that this might be the problem with the cruise control not available error

Old 12-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts

mutu88.......As per usual, around here, the answer you are going to get first, is from the guy who was released from the mental institution a couple of weeks ago. Dead *** serious, so don't laugh. If your check engine light is flashing, it means you ARE, not might be, doing damage to your catalytic converters. Unless you want to be stuck on the side of the road at wherever you may be from, because it isn't in your intro., there are some serious issues that need to be dealt with, before the use of cruise control comes into the mix. You are a few parts away from probably having a piece of transportation, or scrap metal. Concentrate on what it is going to take to get that check engine light, and all those codes to go away, before anything else. I posted some pix of my 07 3.0, if any of them can help you, with what an engine compartment is supposed to look like. Pay no attention to the cold air induction hose next to the core support. I also put up a pic of my childhood hero, Steve McQueen, just for luck.....Take care....Mike

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar x-type 2.5 2002 Cruise control not available check engine lamp-dscn1006.jpg   Jaguar x-type 2.5 2002 Cruise control not available check engine lamp-dscn1009.jpg   Jaguar x-type 2.5 2002 Cruise control not available check engine lamp-dscn1011.jpg   Jaguar x-type 2.5 2002 Cruise control not available check engine lamp-dscn1005.jpg   Jaguar x-type 2.5 2002 Cruise control not available check engine lamp-smq-gun.jpg  

Last edited by mrplow58; 12-11-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by mrplow58
mutu88.......As per usual, around here, the answer you are going to get first, is from the guy who was released from the mental institution a couple of weeks ago. Dead *** serious, so don't laugh. If your check engine light is flashing, it means you ARE, not might be, doing damage to your catalytic converters. Unless you want to be stuck on the side of the road at wherever you may be from, because it isn't in your intro., there are some serious issues that need to be dealt with, before the use of cruise control comes into the mix. I posted some pix of my 07 3.0, if any of that can help you, with what an engine compartment should look like. Pay no attention to the cold air induction hose next to the core support. I also put up a pic of my childhood hero, Steve McQueen, just for luck.....Take care....Mike
Hi Mike, thanks for your reply.
The cruise control is working fine, not this is my problem.
The problem is that when comes the message"cruise control not available" i can't do the torque more than 3000rpm,the engine looks like he is decelerating and i know that this error limits the performance of the car and doesn't it go more than 3000rpm.
When the board computer dont display the error, the car drives good.

Adrian

Old 12-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 155 Likes on 128 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
The hose you ask about is not oem but I don't think it is contributing to your problems. I would replace it with the correct hose when you get time.

The cylinder numbering while standing in front of the car - left to right - against the fire wall - 1,3,5. Nearest the radiator - 2,4,6.

Your overflow tank has the typical break that it appears someone has tried to repair by epoxying the nipple back on and it has broken off again.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by clyons
Welcome to the forum.
The hose you ask about is not oem but I don't think it is contributing to your problems. I would replace it with the correct hose when you get time.

The cylinder numbering while standing in front of the car - left to right - against the fire wall - 1,3,5. Nearest the radiator - 2,4,6.

Your overflow tank has the typical break that it appears someone has tried to repair by epoxying the nipple back on and it has broken off again.

Hi Clyons, thanks for your reply .
I have problem on 4 and 6 cylinders, so its good that they are near located, to the radiator, i can replace the bobines with myself, the other 3 ones are a little bit harder to reach on them.
The guys from the service tried to glue the cooling hose but it wont stay glued, so i have to buy the tank.
Have a nice evening
Adrian

Old 12-13-2015, 09:34 AM
Received 286 Likes on 234 Posts

Adrian: +1 to Craig on the cylinder numbers. This post and the following one have pictures of the numbered cylinders: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...2/#post1070336

If "bobines" are the sparkplug coils, replacing them on #4 and #6 should stop the misfiring of those sparkplugs, since you're already replaced the spark plugs and cleaned up any oil from the sparkplug wells.

For a new coolant reservoir, Google part # C2S46861. Many replacements are available because they often crack with age and heat, like this one:
Amazon.com: B812 C2S46861 1X438K218AG 02-08 Jaguar Coolant Expansion / Header Tank With Cap X-Type 02 03 04 05 06 07 08: Automotive Amazon.com: B812 C2S46861 1X438K218AG 02-08 Jaguar Coolant Expansion / Header Tank With Cap X-Type 02 03 04 05 06 07 08: Automotive
When you install it, position the hose clamps with the metal tabs pointing down, so the hood insulation does not push down on them.

For the PCV Breather Hose, Google part # C2S40863 for a replacement like this:
Amazon.com: OES Genuine Breather Hose for select Jaguar X-Type models: Automotive Amazon.com: OES Genuine Breather Hose for select Jaguar X-Type models: Automotive

If the PCV Valve is the original, consider replacing it when you replace the hose. Google "Jaguar X-Type PCV Valve" for a part like this:
Amazon.com: OES Genuine W0133-1847720-OES Crankcase Ventilation Valve: Automotive Amazon.com: OES Genuine W0133-1847720-OES Crankcase Ventilation Valve: Automotive

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by dwclapp
Adrian: +1 to Craig on the cylinder numbers. This post and the following one have pictures of the numbered cylinders: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...2/#post1070336

If "bobines" are the sparkplug coils, replacing them on #4 and #6 should stop the misfiring of those sparkplugs, since you're already replaced the spark plugs and cleaned up any oil from the sparkplug wells.

For a new coolant reservoir, Google part # C2S46861. Many replacements are available because they often crack with age and heat, like this one: Amazon.com: B812 C2S46861 1X438K218AG 02-08 Jaguar Coolant Expansion / Header Tank With Cap X-Type 02 03 04 05 06 07 08: Automotive
When you install it, position the hose clamps with the metal tabs pointing down, so the hood insulation does not push down on them.

For the PCV Breather Hose, Google part # C2S40863 for a replacement like this: Amazon.com: OES Genuine Breather Hose for select Jaguar X-Type models: Automotive

If the PCV Valve is the original, consider replacing it when you replace the hose. Google "Jaguar X-Type PCV Valve" for a part like this: Amazon.com: OES Genuine W0133-1847720-OES Crankcase Ventilation Valve: Automotive

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Hello, thanks for the explicit answer.
Yes by the bobines i ment to say spark plugs coils, i didnt know the english term.

I will replace them after Christmas and the pcv hose also and the tank for coolant.
On amazon are more cheaper than the service asked for, i dont know how amazon works but i hope that they send them also in Nederlands.
Thanks again and happy holidays.