X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar X-Type 2007 blown wiring help (ECU)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar X-Type 2007 blown wiring help (ECU)

Hi all.

Could use with some help.

A few weeks ago my X type suffered a major electronics episode. It turned out the entire wiring loom has blown running from the fuse box to the dash etc.

The mechanic has replaced the loom with a used loom from another Jag of the same year, he managed to get the car to crank however the immobalizer was still on. It turns out that the ECU has also blown the mechanic tells me that he has had a bloke from Jag look at the car and the recommendation was that used parts are the wrong way to go as the loom could be from a different speced Jag and therefore uncompatable, this owuld also be the case from the ECU point as they need to be coded in.

We have searched Ebay and found an ECU kit for the Jag, I have sent this onto the mechanic but he is unsure if it will work.

I have the list of work required given to me by the mechanic, he has told me that the looms were done but again he's unsure that they will be compatable as per the Jag specilists advice. If i can I will add the photos to this post.

Any advice would be appreciated, i am tempted to scrap the car however if the ECU kit will work then that would save a lot of money.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:03 AM
Old 10-24-2017, 09:21 AM
Old 10-24-2017, 10:33 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Welcome to the forum Greg,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X-Type forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

There's a large number of ECM's listed in the Parts Catalogue. As well as different ones for diesel 2.0/2.2 litre and automatic or manual transmission, VIN range has further variations. The last 6 digits of the VIN will narrow them down.

When you get a minute, please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 10-24-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:45 AM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by GregKemp
Hi all.

Could use with some help.

A few weeks ago my X type suffered a major electronics episode. It turned out the entire wiring loom has blown running from the fuse box to the dash etc.

The mechanic has replaced the loom with a used loom from another Jag of the same year, he managed to get the car to crank however the immobalizer was still on. It turns out that the ECU has also blown the mechanic tells me that he has had a bloke from Jag look at the car and the recommendation was that used parts are the wrong way to go as the loom could be from a different speced Jag and therefore uncompatable, this owuld also be the case from the ECU point as they need to be coded in.

We have searched Ebay and found an ECU kit for the Jag, I have sent this onto the mechanic but he is unsure if it will work.

I have the list of work required given to me by the mechanic, he has told me that the looms were done but again he's unsure that they will be compatable as per the Jag specilists advice. If i can I will add the photos to this post.

Any advice would be appreciated, i am tempted to scrap the car however if the ECU kit will work then that would save a lot of money.
Welcome to the forum. Might be time to cut your losses on this one, sorry to be the bearer of bad news..