X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lose Front seats & Weird power steering | 03 X-Type

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lose Front seats & Weird power steering | 03 X-Type

Recent purchased an 03 jag xtype 3.0 sport with only 126k on it, the car has some issues that are easy to solve but some not so easy.

Something I noticed very early on was that the 2 front seats are lose, not super bad though only notice it when moving around in the seat. It isn't where the rails mount to the chassis but where the seats mount to the rails. So my question is do I need to just bite the bullet and take both seats out and diagnose from there or maybe an easier fix?

The car seems to have really heavy and at time noisy steering at low speed, would that be a power steering issue? Maybe low fluid or bad rack? Not the worst experience in the world but noticeable.

Also small question where would I fill/check the transmission and transfer case fluid at?

Old 10-28-2017, 08:19 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

The seats: Have some one sit on the seat and move around as you did and you use a flash light to look under seat cushion where the seat frames bolted to the rails, see where it loose.
Steering: check steering rack, power steering pump, the whole steering system.
Small question but require a big answer; There are several treads in here will show you how and where to check, drain and refill the trans. fluid.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 7,896 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Jaguar offered a fix for the 2002MY. The TSB was rescinded and a revised TSB was issued.
I repaired many LOOSE seat frames in new car warranty when these cars came out.
I uploaded thousands of TSBs and other tech info to this site and Gus has all this info on his site also.

You can save yourself many questions by reading through the TSBs issued for your car. We were issued TSBs on a regular basis and we were expected to read and understand them when I worked for the Jaguar dealer. It saved a lot of time diagnosing problems.
Known issues were addressed.

bob

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 10-29-2017, 02:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by motorcarman
Jaguar offered a fix for the 2002MY. The TSB was rescinded and a revised TSB was issued.
I repaired many LOOSE seat frames in new car warranty when these cars came out.
I uploaded thousands of TSBs and other tech info to this site and Gus has all this info on his site also.

You can save yourself many questions by reading through the TSBs issued for your car. We were issued TSBs on a regular basis and we were expected to read and understand them when I worked for the Jaguar dealer. It saved a lot of time diagnosing problems.
Known issues were addressed.

bob
How would I get access to the TSBs as a consumer? Those were mainly issued to mechanics and dealers correct?

Old 10-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Received 7,896 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by motorcarman

bob
Gus has them on his site because I sent him hundreds, maybe thousands as well as a bunch of tech info. I also uploaded them here. They are scattered around the different forum sections and in the 'sticky' areas. Many other people uploaded newer TSBs and tech info because I left the dealer in 2006 so I did not have access to anything later. I find newer things and download for ME!!
Never have TOO MUCH info.

bob

Last edited by motorcarman; 10-29-2017 at 02:48 PM.