Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mesh Upper Grille installed. PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mesh Upper Grille installed. PICS

Hi guys,

I bought the mesh grille combo (upper and lower) from jaguarxtremeperformance. Today I have installed the upper and I show here pics. It took me several hours; to drill perfectly the original vane piece was very laborious. I used a dremmel and a electrical sander.

IĀ“m satisfied with the final aspect but, as IĀ“m VERY clumsy ,I lost a piece that hold it to the bonnet (in fact it fallen inside the bonnet through a hole, I canĀ“t take it now). Here you can see what I lost:

ItĀ“s good hold with only 3 TORX but IĀ“d like to screw the last one on. Does anybody know where to find another piece as the one I have lost? If not, any suggestion to screw it on?

Regards!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mesh Upper Grille installed. PICS

Do you have pix of the finished install? Looks good, but all that makes me wonder whether it's worth the trouble.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:08 PM

Now the car is how you can see in the pictures; I need to receive the headlights to finish it mmmm if itĀ“s worth the trouble... I donĀ“t know what to say. When I begin yesterday with this update I though it was easier but I see I must cut, drill, sand... all the piece and it take a lot of time but besides the time it isnĀ“t too difficult (I think it) and the final look itĀ“s really awesome and make you forget all the effort you did jejej

Old 12-19-2007, 02:16 PM

Your frame looks brand new. What did you do to it. If rather not hassle and the frame would look old on mine and the grill new and I dont think it would look its best. Can anyone find me the whole grill with frame for no more than $200 anyone?

Old 12-19-2007, 02:33 PM

I think I'll just suck it up and pay for the complete set sometime in 2008. I used to be somewhat handy, but now I dont have the space, or even the time.

Its a great upgrade though.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck finding all of that for under 200! The upper alone is more than that without shipping...I'd try a dealer and see what they want...sometimes you get lucky and don't get raped by the dealer...why would you want that jason when they have this? LINK TO SOME MORE UGLY CHROME>>>

Old 12-19-2007, 03:24 PM

Really my frame doesnĀ“t look brand new; the pics cheats a little. Live vision shows it isnĀ“t brand new but anyway it isnĀ“t so bad.

Now, after check the time and effort it need maybe, if I must think about it again, I will prefer to buy whole grill although itĀ“s more expensive but itĀ“s possible to reduce thecost selling the old (original) grill.But, anyway IĀ“m satisfied with my job (and it would be perfect if I havenĀ“t lost the piece from the bonnet ).

PD. jasonzimbran, you can get the whole grill from chillyboy007 (Adamesh store from eBay) and it would cost around 200 EUROS (nearly 300 USD); I havenĀ“t seen it cheaper. With that money (I little less) I bought the upper and lower mesh...

Old 12-19-2007, 03:30 PM

[ironic mode ON] Now I see you are a genuine chrome lover jejejejejej [ironic mode OFF]

Old 12-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

installing the upper grille is dead easy. it does not require removal of anything other than the grille assembly itself, which uses 4 torx screws. the whole job takes less than 1 hour, and would be less than 30 mins if it were not for cutting and sanding the old grille vanes.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/m_18238/tm.htm

if anyone still feels they cannot do it themselves, for a nominal fee you can mail it to me and i will do it for you. hell, i have 2 spare grilles pre-cut sitting in the garage. i do not have the mesh inserts.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:46 PM

forgot to add that the lower grille is much easier than you would think. the hardest part is getting under the front end to remove the screws that hold the rubber splash guard, and only because you have to lay on your back to do it.the actual grille installation takes about 10-15 mins once that piece is off (which only takes about 5 mins itself).

Old 12-19-2007, 04:02 PM

It takes more time to me because I wasVERY conscientious with the vanes cut. I canĀ“t explain it well on English and I have not good pics about it but after cut the vanes I also cut and sand really well and perfectly all the relief the vanes have on the hidden face to avoid some black plastic could be seen though the mess grille on some angle.

And I have all the bumper and headlights dismantle because of my problem with the headlights and now I willseize to install the lower mess grille and to change the fog bulbs... but I also need to find the new headlights

PD. nineball I saw your tutorial before make my job

Old 12-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Veteran Member

You never found replacement lamps yet? Should be pretty easy to find a set over that way shouldn't it? They are a little more prominent that way aren't they?

Old 12-19-2007, 04:12 PM

The Jaguar Dealer price for each headlight (left or right): 360 EUROS (aroud 250 GBP and 500 USD for each one!). But finally I find a pair on eBay for 200 USD both from Canada.

I bought it on Monday after have been spoken with the seller about shipping and cost (total would be around 350 USD for all) but since Monday the seller doesnĀ“t reply me and now IĀ“m worried about it I need it and I need he ship it as soon as possible as after shipping I would be waiting for it for more than a week to arrive here I havenĀ“t found any other solution.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:16 PM

hey well nineball how much would you charge me for the lower grill and the upper grill. Also my lower grill has this plastic bar that goes straight where the mesh should go, is that on al; x-type.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:06 PM

Unless you ship me the front bumper I could not install the lower grille. If you pay for shipping both ways, send me the mesh insert and upper grilleAND PROMISE TO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before you ask any more questions, $25.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  cars.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  7.4 KB

Lol @ Nineball.............nice use of caps there bro

Jim

Old 12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah...I am kind of getting upset about that and I usually go light on that stuff but when asked for the 20th time gets old...I'm sure he could easily help you install the lowers jason...I'm sure you could do it yourself I don't know why you don't try at least...especially with the hids you really can't screw anything up...ok i take that back but you really shouldn't be able to screw anything up!

Old 12-19-2007, 10:12 PM

also what can I cut the bars out with? any pictures on how you cut it out and with what?

Old 12-20-2007, 04:26 AM

I have no pics of bars cutting; I was not paying attention this matter when I was working

I can tell you I used a small electricalsaw and it was easy and fast to cut it off.I spent the more time after,finishing it offwith the dremmel and the sander. I couldhave been fasterwith dremmel and sander but I want to have a perfect linear look for the plastic though when the grille itĀ“s again installled on the car itĀ“sso difficult to see nothing of it through the new mess grille.

I take few pics trying to show the final look for the piece but it arenĀ“t so good and you can see it good; itĀ“s all black.

Regards!

Old 12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks fantastic! Great job!

I've done a grill on my other car, and they can be a real pain in the butt. I was cheap though, I used Gutterguard and like 5 layers of clearcoat!

Quick Reply: Mesh Upper Grille installed. PICS