X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Middle Console Display is out! Please healp!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Middle Console Display is out! Please healp!

Dear Friends!

1st of all thank you for this forum, I am hoping that someone here might be able to assist me.

I have a 2003 x-type Jaguar, the middle console display unit is completely out, as you know therefore, I cannot access the a/c or heat, navigation, menu options and cds (although I am able to play my cds just cannot choose between them).

Unfortunately, I am in between jobs at the moment. I have taken the car to be looked at by 2 people and they both say that the power going to this console looks fine, all of the fuses were changed, so the problem is the console itself. One even brought me the console and showed me that apparently just by looking at it everything is fine, there is visible damage. So I need a new console. $1,000 for an used, $2,400 for a new one which of course I don't not have the resources at the moment.

I am not able to take it to Jaguar because again of the resources. Another friend of mine keeps asking me if there is a fuse within that panel, that maybe that particular fuse did not get looked at, I am not sure if there is one attached to that panel, does anyone here know?

Has anyone here ever experienced this problem and it turned out to be the internal fuse on the panel? At this time I don't have anyone to take the console out and look at it again, I have a friend that is willing to do it but he did tell me that it is hard to take these consoles out and he needs to make sure he can ask someone that knows what they are doing.

I am trying to see if there is a way I can fix this without having to purchase another one.

My biggest problem is that every time I turn the car on the heat comes on through the windshield and it doesn't go off, so I actually had the fan turned off so I can drive the car and not have hot air blowing the whole time, it's still on but not as bad.

I want to say thank you advance for your replies.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts
The following users liked this post:
pratajag (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 PM

Wow! Thank you disguay!

I read the thread and sent them a message, I think I need that DVD.....

Thanks again!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 PM

quick question.....

how do I send FactoryJaguarTech a private message?

looked everywhere couldn't find it, is it because I am a new member?

Thanks again!

Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Being a new member you can not send pm yet but sadly it's been very long time since he last posted a message on these boards

pratajag (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Time to post more...

Old 03-06-2012, 04:29 PM

hummmmmm

So do you guys have any suggestions how I can get the Software DVD so I can have my console back?

It's funny, I looked at the drive this morning which is directly above my 6 disk cd changer in my trunk and I cannot eject the DVD, I have the cd case and the DVD is not in there so it must be inside the drive. I am thinking that what I have is the Map DVD, the cd case says Navigation System USA & Canada - is that the software of the Map DVD?

Any ideas on how to eject the DVD?

Wishing you all a great week.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

I remember that i have fiddled with my dvd and found a way to get it to eject (don't really remember how I was able to do it, but I know it can be done. I would check Ebay for the software dvd.

If you haven't noticed already, you can also do a search on all of the forums by clicking "search" and then "advanced search" in order to search strictly on the x-type forums which might help you out with a lot of your questions.

I do not know what disk you would have installed in the drive until you pull it out

pratajag (03-09-2012)