Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misfire help.. Fuse box help.. I'm stuck ;(

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Misfire help.. Fuse box help.. I'm stuck ;(

Hello,

I'm not sure if most of you read my past thread on completing a engine swap on my 04 3.0. the cliffnotes are after swapping in the new engine my car wouldn't start/turnover noting. Towed to Jag shop got charged $$$$$ and now my car turns on. For reference the old thread is here
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ne-swap-53260/

Now after all that I have the following problems

#1. a misfire in cylinder 3. I'm getting the following codes thrown at me.
P0303
P0020
P0203
Before checking the codes the shop I took the car to for the electrical work told me the misfire was due to a bad injector. Well since I had all the parts from my old engine still I went ahead and swapped the injector, Coils , and spark plugs into this new engine(all had been working properly on the old engine) This did not fix the misfire.

So I turn to JTIS and Ive had a hell of a time trying to figure out what to do. Is it possible one of the pins to the pcm is not connecting and causing it not to fire injector on cylinder #3?

#2. My headlights dont work and my tail lights are stuck on like im hitting the brakes and after a day or so my instrument cluster lighting shut off and wont turn back on. I'm guessing this is fuse related?? I took off all the fuses both under the hood and underneath the driver side dash none of them appeared to be damaged. I also cant find any info on the fuses or fuse box in JITS. I'm not sure if this is related but the shop that got my car to start said there was a realy or something hardwired to the fuse box that went out they said they often see this and provided me with a very costly work around that consited of breaking my fuse box and installing a few wires connected to a removable fuse. Here is a picture of my fuse box.

As you can see it looks like I have a relay missing (I don't think it was missing before I took it to that shop) R11 can any one tell me what that relay does and where I could purchase a replacement.

So those are my problems and I'm getting very depressed here since I feel like my car will never ok again. I've been with out a car for >3months and spent already more than 1/3rd of the cars value on repairs and I have pretty much nothing to show for it right now. Hopefully I can find some answers and get it fixed if not I would also appropriate the information to a good mechanic who is not going to rip me off in Miami FL.

Sorry for the long post thanks again for all the help you guys provide.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

R11 relay on an 04 3.0 should be the throttle motor relay, http://www.captainjaguarscathouse.co...ec%20Guide.pdf

On another note, the relay wiring looks to be completely cooked, what happened there? Also how many miles are on your car. I'm looking to the side of the fuse box and everything in there looks like it has been submurged in salt water. Are you back east where they use ton of salt, is there rust issues? Just saying that if you are in an area with tons of salt and corrosion it could get in the wiring harness and cause all sorts of grief!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
R11 relay on an 04 3.0 should be the throttle motor relay, http://www.captainjaguarscathouse.co...ec%20Guide.pdf

On another note, the relay wiring looks to be completely cooked, what happened there? Also how many miles are on your car. I'm looking to the side of the fuse box and everything in there looks like it has been submurged in salt water. Are you back east where they use ton of salt, is there rust issues? Just saying that if you are in an area with tons of salt and corrosion it could get in the wiring harness and cause all sorts of grief!
actually I had a small crack a long time ago on my coolant tank and that white stuff is a result of the coolant leaking out. all the cables are actually fine. would the jag dealer be the only place to pick up that realy also any truth to what the shop told me that I could not swap out another entire fuse box?

Old 05-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbyjackson
actually I had a small crack a long time ago on my coolant tank and that white stuff is a result of the coolant leaking out. all the cables are actually fine. would the jag dealer be the only place to pick up that realy also any truth to what the shop told me that I could not swap out another entire fuse box?
I would definately swap out the entire fuse block, look at a wrecker locally before you get it from a dealer though. Yours looks completely fried under that relay.

I'd get the relay at the dealer.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by sidewalkman
I would definately swap out the entire fuse block, look at a wrecker locally before you get it from a dealer though. Yours looks completely fried under that relay.

I'd get the relay at the dealer.
so the bit the mechanic told me about not being able to install a fusebox from a wrecked car was bs?