X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My baby has a dent from an angry drunk guy

Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
Default My baby has a dent from an angry drunk guy

My poor baby,

Today, while leaving the airshow, some drunk guy (with kids in the car) tries to cut off the entire line of exiting cars. He attempts to cut in front of me, so I nose up close to the car in front.

He opens his window and punches my mirror. Then gets out, kicks, punches and abuses my baby jag. He started wailing on the right rear quarter panel. There are 3 deep knuckle marks inside a fairly severe dent about 7 inches in diameter. What a jerk. He tried to get in to hit me. But the auto lock worked!!

Anyway, I was content to drive home and get it repaired. However, people in the line behind me called the cops. So, I was stopped along with the drunk guy. Good thing I had a witness. As he spun a wild lie.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if he pays up, or is willing to fix it. Unfortunately, he lives nearby and I don't need to anger a guy with such a temper. I have good insurance, and it may, for peace of mind reasons, be better to handle this on my own.

Thanks for listening!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if he was drunk and had kids in the car plus attacked your vehicle I'm sure hes in alot of trouble to say the least, maise well have his insurance company pay for it, sides you have a whitness and he was drunk... I doubt you would lose.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

I'm sorry about your car! If you have witnesses, you can get that fixed for sure! Make him pay and press charges!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If he lives near by go pay him a vist and show him whos boss. wheel braces and braker bars also work on faces. Im afaird id have not driven off.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 AM

Interestingly, the right rear quarter panel (fender) is very well built. It has a sheet metal structure underneath. This prevents access to the back side of the dent. So, other methods are going to be needed to repair it.

My car was pretty nice, but not perfect. You guys may remember that I closed the aircraft hangar door on the roof. The bi-fold door is heavy enough to collapse the Jag's suspension, flatten all 4 tires and buckle in the roof. The roof was very strong and while the sheet metal gave in, the structure did not give at all. Amazingly strong! I knocked the roof up and drove home. Then called a "dent wizard" guy and he did great work. It's not perfect, but unless I point out the flaws, it's not apparent either.

The local Jag dealer does amazing work and I'll probably have them take care of it.

As for my drunk neighbor, I'd rather avoid stirring up trouble. I don't need to be looking over my shoulder and neither does my wife.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Received 136 Likes on 79 Posts

Sorry about what happened, but I would absolutely not have been able to drive away from that. If it were me, HE would be the one looking over his shoulder for some time. (Once the swelling in his eyes went away!)

On the other hand, I'd have likely let him in front of me in the line - wouldn't trust him behind me to begin with.

Last edited by RudyF6; 11-12-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  19.3 KB

sorry to hear cujet, there are some serious idiots around and you met one obviously.

Although I can respect your decisions as posted, I'm afraid I would be pushing to press charges and get my car fixed back as good as new at the very least.

This idiot will no doubt go on to have many similar experiences until he eventually learns that he can't get away with it.

We're all made differently though I guess.
Whetever way you decide to go I hope you get your car fixed up soon.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts

Florida has some liberal gun laws. Lucky he wasn't packing!
I keep a 9mm in my car. But I don't have a temper, and I don't drink.
Sorry about you car.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by flyrr100
Florida has some liberal gun laws. Lucky he wasn't packing!
I keep a 9mm in my car. But I don't have a temper, and I don't drink.
Sorry about you car.
Well, he might have been packing. But his hands were occupied damaging my car! And, with the window tint, he could not see what I was up to inside. Who knows, it's very likely I had the upper hand and he is just a lucky guy.

I don't have a temper at all. In fact, I'm almost always willing to sit back and let a situation unfold, without any input or reaction from me.

It's amazing how well the little Jag held up. No matter how hard he pounded the windows, tried the doors, punched the gas door, pushed and pulled on the pass mirror, and hit the fender, only a dent resulted. Kind of funny really.