X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my poor car.. no pity for the deer...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: my poor car.. no pity for the deer...

Another deer hitting [&:].That sucks indeed but glad your car is in repairable . Best of good luck with your repair

Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

The last car that hit a deer at our bodyshop was written off...major damage.If the wing is damaged and you need a wing and bumper I would think you will need at least a bumper guide (bracket that the bumper sits on to keep it flush with wing as these tend to break easily).Is the external temp reading OK as this sits behind the bumper?Are the headlights OK as they have relatively weak plastic brackets which can break too?
There is a bumper reinforcer behind the bumper which helps protect theair con condensor,radiator and fans so you may well get away with no damage to the fans,rad and air con condensor if this isnt damaged or bent.
As far as getting parts cheap try a salvage yard where a car has been rear ended or ebay.Its best to get parts that are primed but not painted if possible so your mates at the painterscan paint on primerto get a better key rather than already painted parts which would also show the other colour underneathwithfuture stone chips.
Good luck...
PS ...any pics?

Old 11-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks...sorry to hear about that bo...what did your I'd assume still your friend say?!!!
Just curious why such a high deductible? That is unbelievable! The highest I think even my bank will let me get is like $500! How on earth do you have one so high?

Old 11-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Oh...that makes since than! I don't know if we have deductibles that high here in the states...I'll check next time and see but I'm pretty sure the banks will only let the deductible only go so high...good luck getting it fixed...cant the body shop get you parts to fix it?

Old 11-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PICS PLZ!

Old 11-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

Oh ok...I figured they'd give you a deal since it kind of sounded like you knew them...I figured the quote they gave was for the insurance company if you were to take it to them not for you. That sucks! 900 seems quite high of a price for the bumper for the car! What did your buddy have to say? Sucks because the same thing happened to bigs...he needed a truck borrowed his cousins and we all know the result!

Old 11-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Veteran Member

Man that dang deer like barely hit the car, enough to cause freaking damage but not enough to do real bad damage...that would tick me off more than smashing the front end real good![:@][:@][:@]

I don't know why that makes me more mad than taking the whole front end out...

Old 11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 44 Likes on 14 Posts

I saw this earlier and I thought I had written a reply. So so sorry to hear this pal, specially with the timing. Right before X-mas so it takes from that fund I am sure. You might want to hit Ken up for whatever you need. He cut me a great deal on the pieces I need to fix my S.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Veteran Member

So you did fix yours bigs?

How hard is it for them to paint our cars? I have the adriatic blue I think I think the car was hit from the front or someone stepped on the bumper because a past fixed crack came out a while ago...looks like ****!

Old 11-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member

It's being fixed VERY VERY SOON! I was supposed to get it to the shop this weekend, but I guess I'll have to wait til this weekend.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah I was wondering...I didn't think it was fixed yet...how much of a bill have you run up so far in getting it fixed...what will be the guesstimated total? Last question for this post I promise! Your cousin paying for it?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

I decided that if I wait for my cousin to pay for it, I'll wait forever. I decided to just cough up the $500 deductible and get it fixed now. I really got tired of ignoring it, because I wouldn't even look at it anymore. Total bill should come out to about the price of the car, so if it's totalled, I'll be looking for another S...maybe an R...maybe a not...

Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member

Well good luck! How far away is Texas from you?

Old 11-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Veteran Member

Well....I'm in Miami, so about the same from Detroit. Believe me, I already though of going to Texas Cars Direct.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member

That sucks...I would have thought you were closer but they are on the other side of the country! I've been checking if my wife moves to a different state with her job I check where in relation texas cars direct is!
I was hoping to get an s-type r but I don't know what to do...I have so many things going on in my head!

Hey I contacted texas cars direct and they never even emailed me back[:'(] I don't know why. I contacted them telling them I would be selling my escape to my little brother and would probably be selling the x to get an s-type r around february and wondered if they knew of any incoming R's but they never mailed me...I also told them I was a moderator on jaguarforums.com and said they should get on there as a sponsor and I never got an email back...must have slipped their minds? I hope that was the problem!

Quick Reply: my poor car.. no pity for the deer...