X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help car wont start after engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

Sorry this took so long to update but I'm losing my mind right now I don't even know what to do.

I ended up having the car taken to a "jaguar" shop close to my house they had the car for two weeks. They said I had a couple bad grounds, that my PCM had gotten completely erased and had to be reprogrammed. They also said my fuse box took a crap and needed to be replaced they said replacing a fuse box was costly but they had a work around. they broke my fuse box and installed a few wires that connect to a fuse which is tucked under the box. For the fuse box work around they charged me $285 and when I said Ill just buy a fuse box off ebay and swap my bad one they said I could not do that as fuseboxes are programed for the car?? I didn't argue since I just wanted my car back since I've been carless for 3 months. They also said the wiring harness near the pcm has some ground wires that are designed to unfuse themselves if the wires where to get too hot apparently in removing the wiring harness from the pcm those wheres broke and they had to be repaired.

Thats all the electrical work they did on the car. They also said the car was misfiring on cylnder 3 and that it was due to a problem with the wiring harness that goes to the fuellines. I had a spare harness and they switched that out however it did not stop the misfire and then they said it had to be an injector. At this point the car had been in that shop for 2weeks and my bill was already at $2,236 and every day they would tell me the car would be ready they found something new. I took the car home with the misfire and changed out the injector my self. Well after replacing the injector coils and spark plugs I still have a misfire on cylnder 3. I'm going to make a new thread about this issue and pray to god that someone can help me as I've been reading JTIS for the past few days and I'm stuck.

Sorry for the wall of text and thank you all for your help.