X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Game: Name this connector!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Game: Name this connector!!

Well, I went under the bonnet looking for something unrelated and came across this connector - or connectors - which appear to be in a disconnected state. Thought I'd post to see if someone already knows what it is (or they are) between now and when I have some time to go searching for what it is myself.

Any thoughts folks? Sorry I have no prize if you get it right other then bragging rights!

Cheers!

Image431 is the up close
Image432 is the location in the compartment.

Sorry for the bad quality but I only had my BB on me.

Attached Thumbnails New Game: Name this connector!!-img00431.jpg   New Game: Name this connector!!-img00432.jpg  
Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Jager, is there any sort of writing on the plug like CA##, or EN## (where # is a number). That would help out greatly. If not, what are the specific wire colors. I can look up each plug and see if any matches. I can see that both wires are green, but I am more interested in the color stripe or spots on the wire. Kinda looks like those are blue, but not sure.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:29 PM

Hey Thermo.

Thanks for the response.

Had a quick peek as she is in the garage now but the connectors are too dusty at the moment to see any numbers (I have a toothbrush with me now and am heading right back out there after I post this).

The colors of the one connector are indeed green with black strips (2 wires).
The other is White-Green, White-Blue, Black-Green (3 wire)

LOL... Reminds me of my telephone installation work when I was younger.

Intersting point is that they were held in place with just a standard pull tie which disintegrated upon my looking. The 2 connectors run into the same harness at the same point, one has a plastic toothed push attachment (to attach to a hole somewhere on the car, why it is not in the hole but rather tied, I am not sure yet), there is some slack so they may not be from that exact place as shown in the pic.. but not far from it.

Ok back out there armed with brush to clean her little tooths

----------------------------------------------------------

Update: so I still am not able to read any numbers other then an 'AMP 2'.. the is something else but HELL is it small and I can read very small print with no problems so that is saying something.

So the news: it seems this are terminated with plugs. Still would like to know what they are for and maybe even where they are suppose to live with out the tie strap. But I think it is safe to say it is suppose to be this way.

Last edited by Jagermeister; 02-13-2009 at 06:09 PM. Reason: For speeellling of corse
Old 02-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Received 59 Likes on 12 Posts

These are guesses as I don't have another car here to compare the photos to. One would be the reverse light switch for manual transmission car, the other would be the servotronic solenoid connector for a car equipped with servotronic power steering.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Um'gonna take a wild guess and say that's the thingy that the thingy controls over the thing-a-ma-jig....

do i win a prize?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:55 PM

ROTFLMAO.. but gonna have to say Real_Tech beat ya to it... maybe if you had said something like the Electrohypercondesacoil connector I could have awarded you points for creativity lol.

Still.. and thanks guys for playing.. if anyone knows where it goes for sure... cast a vote in as I'd still like to attach it to its home.

Cheers!

Old 02-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

jager, jag Tech called the one correct. The 2 wire plug (both wires being green/black) is for a manual transmission. It is for the reverse lights.

The 3 wire connector is also for a manual transmission. It is the output speed sensor connector.

Because you have an automatic tranny, both of these plugs should be left undone.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:57 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

and dont let them get near the exhaust, I dont remember what it was,(no start or dies) but if it shorts to ground youre stuck where youre at. Theres a clip to hold it to the harness away from the cat, and people knock it loose working around it and dont put it back.....and eventually......

Old 02-14-2009, 10:27 AM

Thanks again to everyone.

I think I found them a happy place to live on one of the mount holes that was empty and based on the way the wire is bent... should be good. Based on past expience I know cables loose and unacounted for are not a good thing, hence me wanting to find out quickly what they were. I've seen my share of melted wires and keeping them up and away from making friends with other car parts is always good advice.

Cheers!