Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no climate control fuctions

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy no climate control fuctions

Hi

I replaced the water pump as it was leaking. To do this I had to remove the battery. Once it was all built up I not able to get the air blowing from anywhere apart from windscreen and only blowing cold. The a/c light wont come on and the rear demister has stopped functioning. I have tried removing battery cables for 20 mins and overnight but with no joy. I have also reset the engine management light. Also sat in car and let it sit with ignition lights on as it does it check....still no joy Anyone any ideas why this would stop working immediately after removing the battery.

Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated

Last edited by Innes; 01-08-2013 at 09:36 AM. Reason: forgot to say its a jag x-type 2002 2.5 v6 sport model
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Received 7,878 Likes on 4,762 Posts

Here are TSBs for North America that MIGHT apply.

bob gauff

Attached Files
Old 01-24-2013, 05:58 AM

Hi Bob, thanks for your help. I called my Jaguar dealer and they verified that it has already been done. Am at a loss lol

Any other suggestions?

Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Innes, I see you are outside of the US. It may be that you need to insert a "radio code" to restore the radio back to 100%. This function is disabled in the US cars, but is activated in some other areas. But, you should have seen a screen that popped up as soon as you went to use the radio following reconnecting the battery. Beyond that, not sure what to say other than to let the dealership look at it. Could be the radio was weak and by cycling power, you finally made the weak part fail.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 AM

Thanks for your input buddy. I have an update now. After searching through forums i realised there's a second fuse box in the car (doh!). Replaced 2 fuses n hey bingo up n running. Or so I thought. After about a min the 7.5 fuse blew (the one that controls the direction of the blower). It also controls the a/c and rear demist. Tried fitting another fuses but it keeps blowing them instantly even with ignition off. Back to scrolling the forums lol

If you have heard of this before your input would be much appreciated

Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Veteran member

Innes, what year is your car? What fuse keeps blowing? I will look on the diagrams and try to get an idea of the most likely suspect and try to get you through this.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:23 AM

Hi Thermo

It's a 2002 2.5 V6 sports model

The fuse that blows is F75 a 7.5amp

Cheers

Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Veteran member

Innes, this is what I want you to try: park your car and stand in front of it, looking at the grille. Walk over to the right front corner of the car (as you are looking at it) and lay down in front of the car. Look up into the void in front of the front wheel there (may need to remove a panel there). There will be a small horn type device there. Disconnect the plug and then replace fuse F75. Does it still blow? If no, then your problem is the security sounder. If the fuse still blows, leave that disconnected and then remove the A/C control panel plugs from the A/C panel and then install another fuse. Did it blow again? If no, then you A/C control panel is toast. You have a failure inside of it. If the fuse blew, confirm it is the mirror fold flat module (assuming your car is equipped with auto fold mirrors, if it is not equipped with them, disregard this) by removing the panel that houses the passenger air bag (make sure to disconnect the battery and let the car set for 5 minutes before removing any bolts for the air bag module to prevent inadvertent deployment) and then behind the air bag, you will see a computer module. This is for the folding mirrors. Remove the plug to this module and then install another fuse. If the fuse does not blow, then this confirms the mirror fold module is toast. If the fuse still blows, then you have a short in the harness and if you feel like you can fix it, let me know. Otherwise, probably best to have a shop fix that harness for you as it has shorted to the chassis of the car.