Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"no phone" help please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "no phone" help please!

Hi
I've read some of the reply's regarding pairing of a mobile to an x type with phone capability but i can't work out from my vin number if i should have it or not.

On the Jaguar website when i place in the last 6 digits of my vin number, it gives a list of compatible phones, does this suggest that i should be able to hook up a phone to my car, or does the website do this for all cars?

I'm unsure if i'm buying a parrot system or not as i can't seem to get this to work!

any help appreciated and last 6 characters are J10755 if anyone else can work it out for me!

Link for jaguar bluetooth compatability.... (is this the same thing?)

http://jaguar4.nextgen-technology.co...country=na&n=0

Many thanks

Old 03-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just because you have the button on the radio unfortunately does not mean you are able to connect a phone to it.... Most likely you do not have the option. I press the button and my phone just works. :-)

Old 03-03-2010, 11:39 AM

That doesn't really give me a definitive answer, is there any way of telling if i do have the system installed for the bluetooth phone?

The website where you enter your 6 digit vin code says that i should be compatible with ........ phones, does everyone get this on the website?

Old 03-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The jaguar Website only checks VIN ranges. It does not check specific VIN's to see if there is a phone module installed.

If you send me the last 6 of your VIN I can check for you.

Thanks
-David
www.jpamporschejaguarparts.com

Old 03-04-2010, 12:15 PM

David

the last 6 characters are J10755

Many thanks for checking on this, also, would you happen to know how to get a radio code?

thanks again

Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If when you push the phone button, you get a screen that says either
no phone or no phone attached, you don't have the blue tooth module, if you did when you push the button you would get a screen that would allow you to but a code in to activate the module at least that is the way it worked on my last 2 x types one with and one without the module both 2005's

Old 03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You do not have the phone module installed. As far as the radio code, you would normally have to contact your closest dealer, and find out what they will need from you for ownership verification.

Thanks
-David

Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 PM

Just for yucks and giggles, I called my local Jag dealer today and the parts required to add bluetooth to my 03 would have been over $1000. Not worth it...

Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by stevef
If when you push the phone button, you get a screen that says either
no phone or no phone attached, you don't have the blue tooth module, if you did when you push the button you would get a screen that would allow you to but a code in to activate the module at least that is the way it worked on my last 2 x types one with and one without the module both 2005's
Not necessarily so. I have the bluetooth option in my car, but when it acts up from time to time it says "No Phone".