X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

noise when car is turned off

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: noise when car is turned off

try checking out this recent thread, https://www.jaguarforums.com/m_85869/tm.htm and see if that answers your questions.
If not, holler back, and we'll see what we can figure-out for ya! And welcome to the forum!

Old 01-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: biobabe

Thanks McJaquar, I found that post as I was cruising around the forum. As it speaks to the humidity factor, meaning moisture, I should expect that fan running even if the temps are in the teens? I live in southern Oregon and we get lots of "moisture" here, but the temp right now is 28F. The post also says "to avoid getting a blast of hot air", my little kitty would sure enjoy that[8D]
Thanks again...the forum has some great tips and pics...I will be sure to post some pics of my own.
I've never heard mine running... but I live in a relatively dry climate, despite the heavy snowfall and cold temps. Others here might be able to give you more ideas about when to expect it to run.

And as for this:
ORIGINAL: biobabe
The post also says "to avoid getting a blast of hot air", my little kitty would sure enjoy that
I'm quite sure I don;t know how you meant that! [&o]

Old 01-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car does the exact same thing (2004 3.0 with 25,000 miles). I never knew what that noise was and the owners manual didn't mention it. (A relative said their car used to make that noise - and that car was a POS, so I was kind of worried.) But mine seems to keep running - I can take the keys out of the ignition and lock the door and it runs and runs until I get tired of sitting in the car and get out. (It has always made this noise since I bought it - and I live in the Midwest, where it is very dry and very cold right now.)

Old 01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
ud
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

For a lack of better terms..It's called something like;the cabin HVAC aspiration pump..it samples the air in the cabin to determine how to adjust the auto settingfeature of the HVAC system..It starts as soon as either of the front doorsare opened and remains running for about 10 minutesif thedoors are closed and you turn off the key...If any of the front doors are opened after it stops, it restarts again for another 10 minute or continuously while the key is ON or doors are open....In any temp or any kind of humidity..Some are noiser than others..a good vacuuming and or blowing out of the little inlet filter from all the lint that collects in it, may quiet it down.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:14 AM

very nice info. mine did the same and the car was brand new.
I noticed that on a sh x-type as well and that is why I payed attention

Old 01-05-2009, 01:53 PM

Thanks, Dennis. The explanation makes sense. I was also curious what that little noise was, though, lol.

My car always warms up pretty quickly... usually within three minutes. (I'm used to sitting in cars and being half way to town before warm air starts coming out of the vents!)