X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Leak & Serpentine Belt Issues | 03 xtype 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Odd Leak & Serpentine Belt Issues | 03 xtype 3.0

So to keep things short, got the car back from the mechanic about 2 weeks ago and he said my serpentine belt was dry rotted. Further inspection when I got home showed it was definitely not in the best shape.

Ending up getting a new belt just recently and finally got a clear day to tackle the job.

I located the tensioner that needs to be released, however I quickly ran into an issue.

I have one of the serpentine belt tool kits and the 3/8 drive one doesn't really seem to fit into where it needs too.

This could just be because I went in from the top and didn't remove that inner fender piece. I did end up bending the tool to allow for a better angle however it seems that the hole itself has built up corrosion and isn't allowed the tool to fit in.

I'm hoping that I'm just not going at it right since cleaning up that pieces seems like it will be just annoying.

My other issue is after a drive today, I checked to see if my car was leaking any worse or how it was leaking exactly. It has an oil leak that seems to be near the more shallow part of the oil pan over the exhaust, that's another issue that needs to be given attention.

However when I looked under the car I noticed drops falling down stream near the exhaust and where the 2 driveshafts meet (I believe that's called the prop shaft). I'm thinking these drops were from oil coming down the exhaust or just down across the car from the known oil leak.

Anyway I'll attach photos below of the puddle it left and where I noticed the leaking. The car leaked more then the puddle shown since I moved the car back to inspect the first little puddle. The first puddle was about the same size as the first for reference.

I know the prop shaft has a fair amount of rust, I will be tending to that accordingly!

Thanks in advance for all replies. Have a nice day!

Old 02-23-2018, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump, issue still unresolved