Sponsored by:

P0174 / cruise inop. message

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 AM
nok
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0174 / cruise inop. message

Hello from ca.

I have a 2002 xtype 3.0. I am a bit frustrated with her. I have a p0174 code in the system and a full limp home mode intermitantly with a cruise inop on the message board. I have fixed the vacuum leaks. the main which where the booster hose oring at intake itself, also replaced the booster hose. i also replaced the purge oring, the 2 butterfly valve orings, the pcv has no leaks or cracks. i have smoked the vehicle, and it is good now. I have driven for 70 miles no stumble or limp mode BUT, I do not know that it is fixed because the fuel trims are way off and i can not get them to come down. I use a genesyis 5.0 software to look at the trims. we all know LTFT is the way the car is running and that the STFT is the correction factor. my problem is that when cruising the LTFT seem almost pegged on bank 2 and bank 1 is a little more then 1/2 of bank 2

LTFT BANK 1 7.8 AT 66MPH
LTFT BANK 2 18.8 AT 66MPH

i dont know if it is my scanner or what but frustrating, we know that those trims should be close to 0 while driving yet the only time those trims correct is on decel or idle which they come down to about 1.6 respectivly. my STFT are deffinatly trying to correct for those with - numbers most of the time, though at cruise that is where they stay. i have even, which i dont like to do threw a part at it. the maf sensor, and as soon as i took off both of those banks look as they do. so another words i can not tell by fixing the major vacuum leaks that i fixed the problem with those numbers staying where there at.

Last edited by GGG; 07-29-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Thread title typo
Old 07-29-2012, 11:36 AM
nok

oh the 6 upper intake gaskets where replaced as well.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

nok, based on what you are describing, you either accidentally rolled an o-ring on say an IMT valve or you have a leaking o-ring on bank 2 for the lower intake o-rings. That would then lead to the LTFT numbers that you are seeing. I know those o-rings would be a bear to try and do a smoke check on. It sounds like you have done most of the normal fixes. That would be my next check.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:57 AM
nok

OK.. those lower orings are not producing any smoke though when i smoke it through the fuel regulator hose... I can use propane I guess my question is it possibly a dynamic leak, I mean is it possible it is only happening when i start moving? another thing I do need to make sure of since im frustrated,, those long term trims should be close to 0 I would persume..it is hard to know if you fixed it with those trims sticking where they are, could it be the scanner?? though I would think that any OBDII would show you trim values. Is there a place maybe some technical data i can look at that one of you have taken a snap shot on a before and after flight recording? oh i also recorded on the genisis I think I can give you more numbers if needed.

Thank you for the help.