X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0575 Speed control input, P0571 Speed control brake switch circuit failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 03:20 PM
wdf
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0575 Speed control input, P0571 Speed control brake switch circuit failure

Hi,

Have had these error codes for ages, and cannot be cleared. I have th JLR Mongoose cable and SDD v131, and also a foxwell scanner/reset tool.

I am just trying to resolve the error codes as follows: =left
=left
P0575 Speed control input=left
P0571 Speed control brake switch circuit failure=left
=left
only thing is, I actually don't have cruise control, which is what these point to.=left
=left
I know there are two switches on the brake pedal, and one on the clutch, but even though I have the basic classic model without cruise control should these codes exit? or is it something that would occur anyway of you actually don't have cruise control.

Note that there are "spare" sockets for if it did have cruise control, i.e. so mine never had it, and not of the parts are there.... yet get the above error codes. noting also that the brake lights do work ok, it was suggested that using LED bulbs would maybe cause this issue, but I am using normal bulbs.

I also disconnected the trailer socket lighting adapters, (i.e. that go on the proper harness plugs) but still the same.

Note everything does actually work. it is just these codes are really annoying.

Note I DO now at least have the full X400 wiring diagram pdf... via this forum... so at least my next step is to check all plugs, and any "unused" ones to see if anything is grounding to earth that shouldn't.

Note though, in around 2012 I had my ECU firmware flashed to the latest version by the Main *********** to resolve the injector issue that causes "kangaroo" fuel at 55mph.... since then I have had new injectors anyway, and coded these myself using JLR Mongoose and SDD so they are at least ok.

Maybe the "new" firmware was meant for cruise control vehicles? i.e. later models? there seem to be no way in JLR SDD to tell it that it "hasn't" got this an accessory etc... (ie like you can add/remove accessories, but cruise control is NOT an item listed..

Thanks.

Old 03-17-2019, 07:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 709 Likes on 634 Posts

I researched the heck out of this today and I cannot find any configuration from 2002-2008 that didn't have cruise control. It's listed as a standard feature on every single year.

Do you have a Jaguar steering wheel? If not, is it possible someone replaced it thus your problem?

Old 03-18-2019, 08:03 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I cannot help with your problem but my 2004 2.5 AWD "Spirit" limited edition, does not have cruise control. Never did.

Old 03-18-2019, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

Another example of the different specs for UK/European Jaguars and the US ones. Evap emissions systems are another one. Was DSC another? It's not fitted to all Jaguars this side of the pond.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:23 AM
wdf

thanks for replies. Yes, it is standard UK spec.... Classic which was base level.... has virtually none of the toys and has a bog-standard non cruise controls steering wheel. I think now I have the correct JLR wiring diagrams I will simply trace the correct plugs and just see if anything is shorting out... starting with the ends of the "unused" connectors etc. and for example the "spaces" where the extra pedal switches would have been.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:03 AM

I don't know if this helps, but if you scroll through the instrument cluster diagnostic codes, it will state whether the cruise control option is configured or not.

The following users liked this post:
wdf (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 09:00 AM
wdf

Ok, have just scrolled through this, and comes up as NC. (both cruise control, and the next item Adaptive cruise control).
(ie not configured/option not present)

Old 03-21-2019, 09:27 AM

So you have a failure on a system you do not have. I can think of more expensive and worrying problems.
Do the error codes on the dashboard, (if any) match the ones on your scanner?

Old 03-21-2019, 09:34 AM
wdf

The only DTC code was E511... but this maybe a red herring, though googling that found someone who replaced a front strut and had that code appear... so hence speed sensor related

the Foxwell scanner and JLR SDD131 both identify P0575 , P0571

there is nothing on the dash codes indicating P0575 nor P0571

Old 03-21-2019, 09:56 AM
wdf

I have just had a good search under the dash, just in case there has being something odd in the past been modded.. but looks like there are no spare plugs etc. for cruise control, i.e. although there is clearly an extra set of holes above the brake pedal for another switch, there are no spare/redundant plugs anywhere, including the one under the light switch. it all looks fairly original.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:01 AM
wdf

and checking against the 921 page powertrain pdf doc I have......

P0575 Speed control input circuit
Speed control steering wheel switch circuit: high resistance Speed control steering wheel switch circuit: short circuit to ground Speed control steering wheel switch circuit: short circuit to power Clockspring failure
Check the speed control steering wheel switch and circuits. Refer to the electrical guides. Rectify as necessary. Clear the DTCs, test for normal operation.

(yet I do not have steering wheel switches.. as discussed earlier in this thread...)

and there is nothing for error code P0571 in the manual...

Old 03-21-2019, 10:02 AM

I think you always get the E511 if you don't start the engine.
The only symptom you have is that both scanners show the same fault code? No other problems whatsoever?

Old 03-21-2019, 10:19 AM
wdf

Correct, everything else works fine, no other problems, just the two codes that appear for both the Foxwell Scanner and the JLR SDD software.

Maybe it is a red herring.... potentially to do with the fact I have much more newer firmware in my ECU (i.e. circa 2012).
(though odd that no one else has had these same codes.)

I might just have to live with it then.... though I am planning to keep my X-Type even if I get a newer vehicle in the future etc. as its now getting to Classic status (every year there are getting less and less on the road.... and the ones you do see are normally in mint condition with someone who is looking after them....), and I would be gutted in 15 years time if I had let it go.... much the same as I am pleased I kept my original 1991 200Tdi Discovery...…

Old 03-21-2019, 10:41 AM

In my humble opinion would seem difficult to troubleshoot a problem in a system, when you know you do not have it, and the ECU knows you do not have it.
Strange, nonetheless.

wdf (03-21-2019)
Old 03-21-2019, 11:21 AM
wdf

yes, well maybe at least by posting on this forum I have now effectively recorded this for future so if anyone has the same issue then there is some reference to this.
(i.e.. the poor X-Type restorer in 20+ years time........)

DAVESPACEBAT (03-21-2019)