Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p1532, p1642, p0332

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p1532, p1642, p0332

Hi all. I was wondering if members could help with my x type problems,
The car I have is a jaguar X type 2.0 petrol. 60k on the clock.
The yellow engine management light is on and the car when revved has an almost pulsating sound to it. My thoughts are that one of the cylinders is not firing but not sure which one.
I have looked up the codes above and note that P1532 is the IMCC Circuit Malfunction, Bank B and heard it may be because I may have left it unplugged. Wondering if anyone can assist in maybe describing exactly what I am looking for.
Please let me know if you need more info to help.

thanks

Lubino

Old 05-04-2012, 02:22 PM

Somewhere I read that I should charge my battery so I am doing that tonight. Not sure if that is likely to help.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Now managed to locate hte manifold valves and they seem ok. Battery fully charged and still the same problem.

Now this morning, the car seemed to rev really well with no misfiring. Took the car out for a spin and once again, seems to lose all its power. Going to try and misfire. I am going to run the car with the fuel pump dosconnected to see if there may be fuel or something in the sprak plug chamber.
Any other thoughts welcome.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Lubino, looking at the codes that you are getting (P1532-IMT valve #2 electrical issue, P1642-ECM CAN Bus fault, and P0332-Knock sensor failure), odds are the loss of engine power is from the knock sensor seeing too much "rattling" (ie, knock) from the engine. If the sensor is loose, that will cause the sensor to bounce around and make the computer think that the engine is knocking really bad. I would say to first start with seeing if the knock sensor is loose. From there, follow the wiring back from both the knock sensor and the IMT valve and see if the two wires come together. If they do, follow that bundle back to where it meets up with the ECM and see if there is any damage to that bundle. It may be possible that the wiring bundle has rubbed on an edge and it just so happens that the wires first affected are for the IMT valve and the knock sensor. This would also explain why the problem seems to come and go. This could also explain the loss of the CAN BUS since the knock sensor and the IMT Valve both have 12 VDC running through their wires and if you happen to ground them, it can overload the ECM, leading to a lower voltage on the ECM, which the computer will see as a communications issue.

Hope this atleast gets you going in the right direction.

The following users liked this post:
Lubino Do Rego (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 AM

If not getting there, I am learning al ot Thermo. Thanks for all the help. i have seen the knock sensor photo on one of the posts here but will need to track it down.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Veteran member

Lubino, that is why we are here. A knowledgeable car owner is a dangerous thing. Shops hate it when you know what you are talking about and ask them to do something for you. They know they can not pull a fast one on you (not that all shops do that). I love talking tech with the mechanics and you can see it in their eyes that they are going to have to do it right the first time as this guy knows what he is talking about.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>A knowledgeable car owner is a dangerous thing. Shops hate it when you know what you are talking about and ask them to

Heh, that's why my dealer won't let a customer anywhere near the shop or contact with the techs. The service-writer is outside the shop in near the
showroom with a private entrance. An ordinary customer wouldn't even know how to get into the shop.

I'm, on the other hand, not an ordinary customer...

I buy factory OEM parts (rotor, pads,etc.) and have my local mechanic
do the small stuff, so I know how to get to the parts department. They
always look at me kind of weird, but I just say "parts" and point in that
direction.

Of, course, my car still has a warranty, so when I'm having expert work done I just drop the keys off with the writer-dude and say "have at it"

They actually seem to like to seeing me. Last year I purchased a Ford extended plan that provides 100% coverage. The dealer loves it because the payment for service is coming from Ford not Jaguar so the dealer doesn't have to worry about Jaguar trying to "under-cut" the service cost. Ford doesn't seem to care, everytime my dealer has submitted claim it's been immediately covered by Ford. There is no problems because to Ford I drive a Ford product, and Jaguar dealers are still recognized as being in the Ford service network. So, no questions asked.

I think my dealer likes it since it is an independent income stream for them :-)
================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons

Old 05-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Veteran member

pab, a lot of dealerships are like that. But, the service managers also hate it when you come walking in, explain the situation and then you tell them that they need to perform TSB XXXXX on the vehicle and then you lay the TSB down on the counter. I normally followed it up with "and when you take the truck for a drive, you will see that it does everything in the TSB". Granted, once the warranty is expired on my vehicles, they for the most part never see the dealership again unless it is the only place I can get the parts. I believe in doing all of my own work. But, I am silly like that.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 240 Likes on 207 Posts

>Granted, once the warranty is expired on my vehicles

That

So, see you in 26 months... ;-)
================================================
Jaguar: Grace, Pace, and Space - Sir William Lyons

Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

pab, yes, with my vehicles I blow out the warranty in a matter of 2 years or so. I like to drive and I end up all over the place. So, this gives me lots of chances to modify the vehicles and make them what I want. Besides, even under warranty, I do a lot of my own work, especially the maintenance. I know in the end that the car is completed to my satisfaction.