X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 11:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Performance Intake Manifold

Hey Guys! I wanted to get some of your own opinions on a performance Intake Manifold. One that could be fabricated from carbon fiber or Kevlar. I wanted to construct a 2D model on Cardboard and Then possibly on AutoCAD and design sizes possible long runners. I wanted to understand more. The volume any possible issues I might run into. I think this would be an interesting project. Any Help information would be great Thanks!

Old 01-31-2019, 01:55 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

You know the intake is already the best of both worlds for the most part with the imt's(intake manifold tuning valves). Closed to make a smaller runner size for better low end drivabilty and performance and then the valves open to increase the size and give more top end performance in the higher rpm range. The issue without this for intake manifolds in general are they are either great down low and fall on their face when in higher rpm range. Or great up top but suck around town. And without a flow bench to quanitfy performance you have no idea if you improve or lose and where. The best intake improvement would be a intake tube leading to a turbo.

Old 01-31-2019, 04:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
You know the intake is already the best of both worlds for the most part with the imt's(intake manifold tuning valves). Closed to make a smaller runner size for better low end drivabilty and performance and then the valves open to increase the size and give more top end performance in the higher rpm range. The issue without this for intake manifolds in general are they are either great down low and fall on their face when in higher rpm range. Or great up top but suck around town. And without a flow bench to quanitfy performance you have no idea if you improve or lose and where. The best intake improvement would be a intake tube leading to a turbo.
A light weight improvement would be great and A turbo would indeed be great but what is it with the Transfer Case that leads to a failure is it build material or heavy load