X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pieces Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Pieces Parts?

It occurs to me that everyone in here is upgrading and replacing parts, and I bet you're all putting the old ones that you take off into a box like I do - just in case - and meanwhile there's other things that'd be nice to have...

I know I am just a noob here, and maybe you already thought of this and discarded the idea, but you folks have been very helpful sharing tips and info - maybe parts too? It is too bad there's not some kinda barter system going here - give a guy a part and bank some parts-credits to use later? Yeah, I know, its called "money" - but craigslist never has much in the way of Jag parts in the NY/Hudson Valley area, and I already offered my headlamps there three times with nary a nibble - and at $200 for both of em, negotiable, I didn't think I was asking too much (I paid $345 each for the new ones). Besides, this is a global hotbed of Xenthusiasts, and this stuff is just going to get harder and harder to find as it ages.

So, maybe somebody wants to trade items big, or items small? or offer me cashola? or write a heart-rending plea to inspire pity and generosity?

This is what I have: (all are from my 2003 3.0L X)

One pair of windshield nozzles (1 perfect, 1 with bottom half of hose tube missing, and gluing the hose to the nozzle-stub doesn't last long. I paid $30 a piece for the new ones)

One pair of headlamp assemblies with Bluish HID lamps (Right/Passenger perfect, left/driver with a broken plastic leveling screw and missing the rubber cup off the back, but lenses are clean and clear and all bulbs work. I paid $345 each for the new ones).

One climate control module for the dashboard - perfect shape (i bought it online for $40 because it looked like the LCD on mine was crushed, but after i took it all apart it turned out to be some sort of round oily stain right in the middle of the thing in between the thin plastic film on the outside and the glass LCD itself - and i am still puzzled how anything could get in there - but it did).

And this is what I would like to have:

The plastic chrome-looking surround for the upper mesh grill has a crack right next to the growler , and I know is eventually going to break outright, so I'd like a new one...

I have the single chrome strip window arch over the doors, and the wider piece by those two little fixed-position windows in the back is a little scratched up (i guess they're plastic and not real chrome?) so i'd like new ones.

the clear green plastic cylinder that surrounds the cigarette lighter socket and is supposed to light up is cracked underneath, and the lil'ol bulb keeps falling loose inside there. That is one fragile little piece, and it sure seems to me that the plastic they used in these cars is CRAP - broken cheap plastic parts account for almost everything that has gone wrong on me.

I am missing 4 of the screws that hold that flimsy plastic cover underneath the front of the car to the front bumper.

There are two plastic and thin rubber pieces of flashing along the edges of the front windshield, i need a new one (right-hand passenger side). Or does anyone know where to find these?

My front bumper cover (black) is a little pitted, it'd be nice to have a new one. Rear bumper has a patched tear on one side, so I could use a new rear bumper too. I also broke a small piece off the front plastic bumper support where the bolt attaches inside the right/passenger wheel well.

A 17"x7 7-spoke wheel or two with no curb rash

A Lower Mesh Grille if somebody has one they're not using

I would also consider anything else you have in the way of Xparts.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 PM
ud
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a cracked silver bumber cover,
all kinds of expertise here.

I need a vacuum booster hose, and a set of good foglights, and a radiator fan module, oh wait..... my list is endless haha

Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 186 Likes on 161 Posts

Sounds like a great idea. I have an 07 and the only part replaced so far has been under warranty and tthe dealer kept the old part (passenger side headlight assembly).

Old 09-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

i need a new front bumber cover, and a center vent control knob, fo the aircondtioning so i can change its direction.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Ahhh... everybody has needs... but tell us whatcha got to trade too...