X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Chip

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Power Chip

I would like some feedback on the following item I found while web searching.

http://www.gforcechips.com/jaguarx-type.aspx

It is suppose to increase HP fuel economy and other stuff. I usually look at this stuff with suspect. However, when I owned a BMW Z3 back in the 90's I had it Dinan'd and the car performed like a pocket rocket. It cost me over $2K. But in that case it was well worth it. I tried one on a Benz I had it didn't nothing but screw up the engine I had to have it towed to the installer, (100 miles away) and have the chip removed. He refunded my money but not for the towing. I took him to small claims court and won a judgment of 1/2 of the towing cost. The Judge said "let the buyer beware." Thanks U all.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chip

its a ripoff all it is a resistor with 2 wires ,and dont believe the add,one unit fits all,dont waste your time and $$$

Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Certainly sounds too good to be true .

Mike.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Received 61 Likes on 7 Posts

More often then not it will make the check engine light come on... Don't waste your money. HP isn't cheap and you will always get what you pay for.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:39 PM
AML
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

G-force chips aren't worth it. Not worth it regardless on a N/A engine anyway.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Adam, it is a "quick" chip. It will quickly drain your wallet of money. Don't waste your time. Besides, even if it does what it says (which it won't), now you are stressing your transfer case and instead blowing all your money on replacing that expensive piece. Come on, tell me that you are installing that chip only for the improved gas mileage (of note, if you think Jaguar could have made these changes at the factory that they would have, the EPA is breathing down their backs).

Another thing that sets off bells inside my head are the "key words" that they use everywhere. Note all the "UP TO" statements. That is a big tell tale sign to me. Having watched guys try to buy these products and then dyno their vehicles before and after to see the gains, most only saw but maybe half of what was claimed (even taking into account the driveline losses). So, save your money, find an upgrade to the TC before going after bigger power. The only "economical" way I can see at the moment to get big power for an X-Type is to convert it to RWD. I'm trying to imagine an X-Type with the 4.0L motors from an S-Type R under the hood. WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM
Smile Chip

As I suspected the chip is a ripoff. I had no intention to buy one. As I wrote I got burnt on one of this chips for a Benz I had. What gets me companies actually get away with selling this junk.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Adam, it is a case of people not knowing any better and believing that companies would never steer them wrong. Unfortunately, there are too many people with more dollars than sense when it comes to cars.

Old 01-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

if you want to go faster, remove your interior and go on a diet....
only solution for the x-type (I speak from real experience!)

theoretically, your car will last longer and get better gas mileage too! (less strain on the drivetrain to move less weight.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Smile Chip

Originally Posted by Thermo
Adam, it is a case of people not knowing any better and believing that companies would never steer them wrong. Unfortunately, there are too many people with more dollars than sense when it comes to cars.
Very, very true

Old 01-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Smile Chip

Originally Posted by Thermo
Adam, it is a "quick" chip. It will quickly drain your wallet of money. Don't waste your time. Besides, even if it does what it says (which it won't), now you are stressing your transfer case and instead blowing all your money on replacing that expensive piece. Come on, tell me that you are installing that chip only for the improved gas mileage (of note, if you think Jaguar could have made these changes at the factory that they would have, the EPA is breathing down their backs).

Another thing that sets off bells inside my head are the "key words" that they use everywhere. Note all the "UP TO" statements. That is a big tell tale sign to me. Having watched guys try to buy these products and then dyno their vehicles before and after to see the gains, most only saw but maybe half of what was claimed (even taking into account the driveline losses). So, save your money, find an upgrade to the TC before going after bigger power. The only "economical" way I can see at the moment to get big power for an X-Type is to convert it to RWD. I'm trying to imagine an X-Type with the 4.0L motors from an S-Type R under the hood. WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I wrote earlier I got burnt on one of these chips for a Benz I had. As I wrote I had to go to court to get most, not all of my money back. As I think about this and what happened to me, I now think this was the same company. As they claim they have a chip for most cars foreign of North American. Once you get pass 60 years of age your brain looses a lot of bits of memory. I am probably at 56mb now, when I was young I had 2 gigs.