Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prepartion for selling

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Prepartion for selling

So I have reached the end of my wits with the repair bills. I am going to sell my car and need some tips for getting it ready. I dont want the next owner to hate me too much so any suggestions on how to check some of the weak, and unrealible points, minus the expensive ones.

thanks.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Sorry to hear man.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

Hey, if it's just to expensive get rid of it. There's pretty sweet other cars out there anyways. Don't get me wrong I love my x-type, but it's not the only cool car out there.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member

I know, I love it and I always will...but as a college student I need something thats not breaking down. Im going to try to get a g8 gt...as my cars, something fun to put cars in there places if i can find any left around.

I will always respect it and I wont say anything bad about the car unlike others who have elft this forum.

Its a great car if you do your homework.
I made the poor decision of seeing ajeep jag that drove well in winter. And dumped my savings to her. People will make a uninformed decison and then B*tch about the car, it was my fault and nobody elses.

Thanks to this forum I solved a few problems on my own.

PS Aviod Parrs mechaincs in red deer. They took my car for a joyride.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Disco, as long as you can drive the car on to the lot, I wouldn't do anything to the car other than maybe clean the inside pretty good and give it a wash. There is nothing that you can do for the car that is going to make it "all better" for the next driver. If you could, I think you would have already done that.

Walk on to the lot, see what they will give you for the car and go from there. If the amount is agreeable to you, trade it in on something else.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  19.3 KB

+1 on Thermo's post, then its up to the dealer.
Good luck

Old 04-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your X . Still, I like the way you sell your ride , not bashing . You can consider of Chevrolet Cruze . It may not be the most exciting car you will have ever driven but parts are cheaper and looks cool .
Only downside FWD but being not a colossal HP monster , I can't say you can complaint about notorious torque steering

Old 04-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Naa the car served me good, I had a alot of fun and got many compliments on the car. I WILL buy another jag but I have to finish med school first.

Bashing the car wont make it work, and there are alot of worse cars ont he road.
I washed her and I went to a movie last night. I was talking to my freind and he drives a new bmw and was telling that even today this car has one of the best looking interiors that he has ever sat in. Amen to that.

Old 04-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by cadillac
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your X . Still, I like the way you sell your ride , not bashing . You can consider of Chevrolet Cruze . It may not be the most exciting car you will have ever driven but parts are cheaper and looks cool .
Only downside FWD but being not a colossal HP monster , I can't say you can complaint about notorious torque steering

Yea Im trying to avoid fwd. Thats why I like the g8, bang for you buck, puts cars that cost three times as much to shame and on top will serve me good in my college/university life.

My dad wants me to buy a impala like my mom....but that thing handles worse then my longboard. And the wow factor is comparable to new tubberware.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let emotion fly out the window... I needed to get rid of mine so badly that I didn't even flash the computer for the check engine light, traded it in and went about 1000 upside down! I did it all with a smile on my face. it was totally worth it If you know what you want, get it... get that X off your hands ASAP

Old 04-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Disco, sorry about all the issues you have had with your car. I know the last couple years you have had a number of things go wrong and I'm sure it gets real tiring. Although a G8 is a nice car it IS rear wheel drive and would not be fun in winter up in Canada. I know this isnt going to go over welll with the parents....but....have you considered a newer X, like a 2005 or newer? Knowing what you know now you would be able to make a much more informed decision when buying. Seems the newer ones are much more reliable than the early models like you have now. Could even get a 3.0 and maybe a manual, which would give you better performance than the 2.5 you have now. My 2005 has over 86K miles on it, 44K of which I have put on myself the last 2 1/2+years and it's been bullet proof. Just came back on a 900 mile ride and it reminded me once again why I bought this car. Plus, a newer X would still be cheaper than a G8 GT, would be much better in winter, probably be much more reliable than your current car and hopefully give you back that great feeling you had about the X when you first got it. I know you have probably reached the end of your rope , but thought I would at least throw it out there to consider.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

Disco, I was going to suggest you get out of your X-Type last year. Sadly, I think it's time, this time, buddy. It's best you try and trade it off without putting any more money into it. If you try and sell it privately, please don't represent it as any more than what it really is. In other words, let her go with her flaws. Don't try and "band aide" her into something she's not. You'll feel a whole lot better knowing the next owner get's what they pay for.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, I put the ad on the local kijiji site, within a hour I already had 4 calls, and a guy at my door. I did price it very cheap though.

I do plan on letting the new owner know of all the current problems.