X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing front bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default removing front bumper?

How do you remove the front bumper? I want to remove my headlights so I can fix and align the broken tabs inside the headlights. Thanks

Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 45 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: removing front bumper?

I think that one of our members is soon to post a how to on that pal. Stay with us through out the course of the next 2 to 3 weeks and he should have it up. His name escapes me right now though.[&:]

Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a bunch of pics of this process over the weekend. I have them all on my computer, now I am just trying to find some spare time to make an FAQ about it. I've got step-by-step pictures from bumper removal through headlight disassembly. Many detailed pics on the internals of the headlights as well.

I will make it a point to have it up by Friday.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:45 AM

lol alright im gunna hold ya to friday. Thanks

Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I been wanting to do the very same thing; remove bumper and some how repair the broken tabs; I wonder if the extended warranty covers this?

Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As long as there is no physical damage I see why not...as long as its jags warranty...

Old 11-01-2007, 10:28 AM

I'd be very surprised if Jaguar replaced the headlights under warrant just because the tabs were broken. It is their own fault for not making the tabs available, but I doubt they will replace a $700-900 headlight over a broken tab.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member

Be easier for them to replace it or repair it considering that person will be coming up there all the time when the bulb is bouncing around in there not lighting the road properly or burns out prematurely...using that excuse they would have to fix it as its dangerous for the light to flicker and possibly burn out because the housing they put in the car is faulty...

Old 11-01-2007, 02:01 PM

At this moment in time Jaguar customer service is far from top notch. Although I completely agree with you that it would be better for Jag in the long run to repair/replace the lights for their customers, I just don't believe they will spend the money on the repair. With all the tabs broken there is still enough support inside the headlight to keep the bulb from bouncing around to the point that it burns out. The silver reflector puts enough pressure against the part that gets loose to keep the bulb from destroying itself. Just because it interferes with safety doesn't mean they will pay to fix it. If the bulb burns out, that is a normal wear item, which means the customer carries the burden of replacement.

If Jaguar sold the internal parts to the headlights then I truly believe they would fix them under warranty. The parts would cost them less than $10 and no more than 2 hours labor, and that is being generous. The problem is the only way to fix the problem now is to replace the $700-900 headlight unit. No parts are available from Jaguar for repairing the unit.

BMW sells replacement tabs for their Xenon headlights for $12 each in the parts department. One day I will mosey on over there and buy some to see if they can work in our lights. They look similar...

Old 11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member

Well than maybe your lights don't move bad but mine move sooo much to where it would make the bulb burn out! You kidding me they should be able to figure something out...until someone tries a decent dealership I wouldn't say they for sure under no circumstance would fix it...it should be a warranty issue considering there is no body damage or history of accident and besides the tabs are not a warranty issue...think about it the seat motor stop working they fix/replace that...the radio stops working they rip another from another car or fix/replace it...the light is broken they fix replace that...what is there to argue about?

Old 11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
one

ORIGINAL: tokaygecko

At this moment in time Jaguar customer service is far from top notch.
That's the only thing I really DO like about my whole Jag buying experience. Every time we have an issue with the Jag, they take care of us like no other. They go way out of their way to fix things and kiss *** at our dealer while still being respectable.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:09 PM
one

..........and they won the JD powers *** kissing award for three years in a row.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Thats good to hear one! As I said as long as you find a decent dealer you should be good to go! Let us know if you have any repair like this take place anytime soon! Hey one you buy the jag from that dealer? Was it new or used?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:23 AM

Would somebody under jaguar warranty please go see if Jaguar fixes the light please?

The dealer here in Tampa, FL must be an exception then because their customer service sucks. They will do anything to keep from helping you out. Maybe it is because I'm young.......

Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Veteran Member

Or did you buy the car from them? Call jag or email them directly see if they'll help you out? Although did you modify the light at all like add hids or anything that they can visibly tell? If that were the case they could say it was your fault? That seems to be the consensus though that you either have an awesome jag dealer or a sucky one...too your attitude has something to do with service you get sometimes...are you pretty cool to them or no?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:35 AM

I remember tokaygecko saying that he will make a point to post his pics by friday. Hummm I believe its sunday! Lets see it gecko. lol

Old 11-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah tokay where are the pics!
How young are you tokay? Did you buy your car from that dealer? I'm 22 was 21 when I went to the dealer to test drive cars and the same age when I was having work done on my car...they were nice to me. The general consensus on here is there seems to be good ones and than really bad ones...much like everything else in this world!

Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM

I'm a horrible person for not getting the FAQ up yet. [&o] I will try to get it up ASAP.

I guess my dealer is just a *****. I'm 24 and the folks at Jaguar of Tampa would rather lose a lot of potential business rather than take 10 minutes to talk to me. The parts guy has no idea what kind of sales could get from me in the near future- I will be needing lots of jag parts as mine give out due to the stress of two turbochargers!

Perhaps I should just try another dealer with my next car. Mine is out of warranty so they really could give a **** about me now.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM

tokay. Im 20 and bought my jag at tampa jag/aston as well. The service and parts department where great to me when I took my car in. My car was still in warranty by date but out of it because i was at 800 miles over the limit. They took care of 1,200 in repairs and the head service guy just wrote down that I had 1 miles under the milage limit! Maybe they have changed a little sence I was there. Lets get that FAQ up lol.

Quick Reply: removing front bumper?