Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance

All,
I want to replace my leaper with a badge, but first can I ask we not get into the "leaper v. badge" debate? This is just an asthetic I think will suit the car well. I love my leaper dearly, but want to change things up.

Ok then...I (probably hastily) purchased a badge from Adamesh. It's completely black with silver "Jaguar" and growler. My car is black with chrome accents, so it's just what I want with regard to style.

It arrived today and as you can see in the pics, will not sit even close to flush. Has anyone gone through this process before and can lend me some good advice? It looks like the back of the badge is made of wood, or some kind of plastic, so could that be sanded/grinded down? I'd also like to keep the mod reversible, so would 3M tape be the best idea to attach this badge?

Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it!

J

Attached Thumbnails Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance-badge-1.jpg   Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance-badge-2.jpg   Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance-badge-3.jpg  
Old 05-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

After a respray I reinstalled the trunk badge on my '98 XK8 with double faced 3M tape. It comes in various thicknesses. If you can some how get that thick filler piece started to open a little solvent and lifting should remove it. Jack

Old 05-24-2011, 01:08 PM

Jack, that's a great idea. I have actually been playing with that filler piece and it definitely could come apart with a little persuasion. Once that piece is out, I'd be very happy with how the badge would sit on my bonnet.

Thanks for your thought.

J

Old 05-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Default Leaper Delete, Complete!

Memorial Day in the nation's Capitol...tourist hell. So, I decided to drive out to my buddy's house in the country and make that leaper delete mod I've been thinking about for a few weeks now.

I think it turned out really well, actually I love it. What I ended up doing was using a power sander to sand down the width of the XK badge I purchased from Adamesh. This actually took a while and I went through a few pieces of sandpaper and my hands are killing me, but once I was happy with the width I attached it using 3M tape. Pretty snazzy for me...does this count as "custom"?

I then gave her a wash and detail.

Thoughts on the mod? I'm thinking a new grill is in order. Specifically, a mesh grill with colored surround instead of the chrome.

Attached Thumbnails Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance-jag-badge-1.jpg   Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance-jag-badge-2.jpg   Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance-jag-badge-3.jpg   Replace Leaper w/Bonnet Badge Assistance-jag-badge-4.jpg