X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reversing Camera for (Denso) Sat Nav

Old 07-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Reversing Camera for (Denso) Sat Nav

Please help a Newbie....

I'm intending to fit a reversing camera onto our 'X' type saloon and hope that one of the more technical members here can advise me.

I would like to fit a CCD reversing camera to our recently purchased X type 2.5 SE V6 auto 2001 (51). My wife has a back injury and tends to rely on any addition support when Manoeuvring in tight spaces. We currently have a Citroen C4 Picasso 'Lounge' and their system simply brilliant.

I'm trying to find out if I would need to use a wireless system to link from camera to the Jaguar OME Sat Nav display screen, or can a camera more simply be connected to the DVD unit (Denso) in the boot space which might simplify the fitment?

From my research so far it seems that a 1/3 inch Sharp CCD camera seems to be one of the best currenly. If I have to use a dedicated TFT screen I think I will be more likely to go for a 7 inch rear view mirror 'clip over' unit.

I've fitted wired forward & reversing sensor system (audio/visual) to a PT Cruiser that my wife had a while back (what a ball ache....), wireless has to be the way forward perhaps.

Any opinions and/or advice will be most welcome.

Thanks' in advance.

Alan B.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

I don't think there is any way to connect it to the factory sat nav without a real headache and if you really want a reverse camera in the dashboard, I would buy the manual climate controls and then install an aftermarket head unit above that like some other members have done on these forums.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi disguay,
I was afraid it might be a problem! So I guess I'll go the route of the additional screen over the mirror to display the rear camera view, it might be more natural to look up to the rear view mirror anyhow? I really don't think I'll be swapping out the OME Sat Nav unit. Once I get the latest UK and Western Europe maps on it will be very useful.