X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And so it begins.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And so it begins.....

Ordered the mesh front grille...... how sad it that... I think its going to look awesome though, really will try and get some pics over Easter and post them so you can all laugh.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff
Ordered the mesh front grille...... how sad it that... I think its going to look awesome though, really will try and get some pics over Easter and post them so you can all laugh.

I'm confused... how come you think adding a front mesh grille is humorous?

If anything, it makes our cars look ten times aggressive and better...

Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 AM

if I want to add only the lower mesh grille will it fit toghether with the existent upper mesh? 2008 x-type 2.2 diesel classic.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JagXType620
I'm confused... how come you think adding a front mesh grille is humorous?

If anything, it makes our cars look ten times aggressive and better...
Because that's the token first mod for any X Type owner...

Step one. Buy a Jaaag.

Step two. Order mesh grilles.

Step three. Get all the bitches.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by ufoz8mycow
Because that's the token first mod for any X Type owner...

Step one. Buy a Jaaag.

Step two. Order mesh grilles.

Step three. Get all the bitches.
Yes, they are like Altezza tailights for Hondas. Some will think it is the only mod necessary to "update" the car and make it look years newer.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by exexpat
Yes, they are like Altezza tailights for Hondas. Some will think it is the only mod necessary to "update" the car and make it look years newer.
Ugh...... Now instead of the chrome altezza tails they go for the fake carbon fiber altezza tails. I almost rear ended a stupid Accord the other day because you cant even see those damn brake lights. Its like paying money to make your car worse. I imagine going into the shop and asking them to poke some holes in my tires to make the car handle better. Same mentality. Idiots who have no idea about what they are putting on their car.

Man we have a hard time staying on topic in the X type forum.... I love it.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member

Allen, we need to take a break from threadjacking in two weeks and get beers in Vegas.

I actually like the mesh grille, but I won't do one because I don't think it adds that much to the nose and "everyone" gets one (ok, I know it isn't "everyone," but must modders do it). Viva la difference.

So we aren't complaining about the grille, just making an observation. The grille is better than Altezza tails on a mid-1990s Accord - so that wasn't meant to be a direct comparison.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:42 PM

I think the grilles look nice but dont do enough to change the way the car looks for the almost $300 they cost on Mina's site. Ill be here in 2 weeks, hit me up!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:04 PM

Ok, I will need to get some better pics it appears.

however that said, here are two shots of my car, with the old and new grille. I like it, guess next is the lower grille.

Old

New

Old 04-06-2010, 12:52 PM

Looks good... I think a front lip should be your next move, itll make a much bigger visual difference than the lower grille.

Why is your grille chrome but your bumper blades painted (a la sport package)? Usually they are either all chrome or all painted... And where's your hood leaper?? Also your steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member

I would guess it is a sport model. Brits (especially Jeremy Clarkson) often don't like painted grilles and do chrome. I kind of agree in most cases.

I don't mind the mesh, but going black to black while nice and subtle doesn't provide nearly the utility to me compared to the front spoiler, springs or bigger wheels. It is the cheapest of the three though.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Theres no hood ornament, in europe hood oranments are illegal, as they are considered a safety concern, if you hit some ( in europe more trains, bicycles then motor vehicles in some places) you may DE-gut them, the older cars may still have them. Hence in north america, we have the spring loaded ones, they are dsigned to twist around or snap off int he event of a pedestrian collison.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:15 PM

I like the mod spaceman. I have considered it myself. curious though as to where you bought it from? There is some guy on ebay seeling them in black and chrome. Seems cheap though at £40. My x is silver so unsure as to which colour to go for.

what do people reckon?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 AM

Yeah got it off ebay, cant remember the actual guy selling, only that it was an original jag part, with official instructions and such.

I like it, but I also think perhaps it would look nicer having the chrome surround in the cars blue colour.

onward to the next mod, which is getting rid of that space saver for another alloy.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 128 Likes on 122 Posts

Looks good. I don't mind the upper mesh grille. Now I know how my car would look with one - I have the same color and the chrome grille surround. For some reason though, I prefer the stock slats. I'm a bit of a traditionalist though.

The lower mesh, on the other hand, I don't care for the look. Almost like you are trying too hard, and I find the cost a little off-putting. But that's my opinion and shouldn't mean anything to anybody but me.

I was in Chicago last year and I saw a late 80's/early 90's Chevy S10, primer, lowered, with 4 (FOUR!) exhaust tips...wait for it.....on each side below the rear bumper! Yes a total of 8 exhaust tips. So obviously there are much worse things you can do to your car.