Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold My Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts
Default Sold My Car

After almost 7 years and over 100K miles put on my me I finally sold my X. Been thinking about getting something else for quite awhile now as I need to start replacing things that are starting to wear. Figured I would need to spend about $2K before winter to get everything the way it should be (struts, shocks, some front end bushings, etc., tires) and just figured it would be a good time to cut the cord.

Thought various times about a number of choices like a BMW 335, XF, Mercedes C300, Audi S6 and some others. Finally settled on a 2012 C300. Absolutely love the styling both inside and out. The tipping point came as the place where I have been buying and servicing my cars for years, Reina International Auto, had one I couldn't resist. Has just about anything you would want as far as modern amenities (Nav, Bluetooth, voice, surround sound, backup camera, panoramic sunroof and rare AMG upgraded wheels). 46K miles and some factory warranty left, with a clean Carfax. Me thinks it looks stunning in black on black. So, I will pick it up Tuesday and more than likely they will send it to auction. I have attached a couple pictures of the new ride.

The X has been great and one of the most reliable cars I ever owned. Really like the performance, the looks and the interior. I have one of the rare 3.0 liters with manual transmission and the carbon fiber/alcantara interior and Aruba wheels. Engine and drivetrain are still good and it stills looks great. Just seemed like the right time. Might get another jag down the road, like an XF AWD, but how knows. Just saw that Alfa is going to be selling the new Giulia here starting next year and it looks amazing. Maybe 5 years or so I could afford a used one of them. We shall see.

With all that still one of the best things about owning the Jaguar was this forum. Couldn't ask for a better way to learn about the car from a friendly, helpful and fun community. I checked in virtually every day. Will be a tough habit to break, but I will still be lurking quite a bit I'm sure and will still try and contribute were I can with my limited skills. Thank you to everyone who or has been a member on here and shared their wisdom. Been a lot of fun and I am grateful to you all.

As kind of a parting gift I have a genuine leather shift boot and e-brake cover that I would like to give out here. I bought them a few years ago off of EBay and just never got around to putting them on. Not sure how best to do that. Give me a day or two to figure that out and I will post something. I'm sure someone could use them. Mods, if you have any ideas how best to do that let me know. I'll even pick up the shipping.

Attached Thumbnails Sold My Car-interior.jpg   Sold My Car-exterior.jpg