Default Time for a change?

Name:  T15ESSJAG5.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  6.3 KBName:  X6JYMSAAB5.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  6.1 KBName:  AudiX6JYM-2.jpg
Size:  6.4 KB

Took the X to a dealer today and asked about trade in against a Ford Mondeo ST TDCI on a 54 plate. They offered pretty much what I was expecting as I've checked a few to get an idea as well as looking at others the same as mine. I'm gonna lose a bit but I reckon its time to go.
Havin said that I had a real blast drivin her again today and I had a smile on my face all day, but, the way fuels going against the mpg on her as well as the problems, ABS light on, Engine management light on, Drivers door handle failing as is the passenger side now, its time I think.
The new vehicle?

A Ford Mondeo ST TDCI 155bhp in Panther Black with 18" Chrome 16 spoke alloys with tinted windows on a 54 plate ( 3 years old ) and only done 31k miles.
She's pretty much got everything incl
Cruise control, Climate Control, Air Con, Traction Control, Alarm, Immobiliser,Full electric pack, Front fogs, Audio remote control, Body coloured bumpers, Electric heated door mirrors, Black leather interior, heated seats, PAS, ABS, EBD, EBA, Trip computer, heated front screen, 6 CD Autochanger, Sport bodykit with lowered Sports suspension and a 6 speed box. Front mesh grille as standard too....lol

She'll do 0 -62 in 8.7 secs as is and produces around 300nm of torque at 1800rpm with a top speed of 137mph and sticks to the bends very well.
I'm considering an ECU upgrade chip that'll take her to 193bhp so god knows what she'll do if n when I do that.
At present she'll averageanywhere between 44 - 50mpg which is a big improvement over the 22 - 25mpg I was getting from the Jag. Not bad when the performance figures are almost identical eh?

She comes with 6 months road tax and 12 months MOT so that parts all good too.

I may be a bit previous as its not quite all done n dusted yet, but fingers crossed.

I'll keep you all informed

Jim

Old 01-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts
Default RE: Time for a change?

You can also consider Mercedes C Class . The new models are very nice looking and the built quality is fine namwly I like th chrome stripssurroundingeverywhere . Jag gives you more prestigeans w/ a Jag what's even nicer even an X give you more status than other leadin brands .

Old 01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry to hear this Jim.I can understand given the cost of fuel over here and the miles you do.I dont think the problems are much especially if the ABS and engine light are caused by one ofthe speed sensors.Even though your going to be quids in with the fuel savings I think you'll regret selling your Jag.
If you getthe MundanoI'll bet it'll always bethe cleanest one in your street.
PSMight be a bad timeof year to sell with snow on the way.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Views: 25
Views: 31

ORIGINAL: BuckMR2
Sorry to hear this Jim.I can understand given the cost of fuel over here and the miles you do.I dont think the problems are much especially if the ABS and engine light are caused by one ofthe speed sensors.Even though your going to be quids in with the fuel savings I think you'll regret selling your Jag.
If you getthe MundanoI'll bet it'll always bethe cleanest one in your street.
PSMight be a bad timeof year to sell with snow on the way.
Cheers Buck, I knew you'd understand. Its really gettin outta hand over here n time there were more protests I think?
I don't think they are major problems as its still running fine even with the dashboard all lit up...lol
In fact I had a real blast in her today I gotta admit. I had a smile on my face all day
I will miss the Jag for sure, I cant say I won't, but, never say never. I'm sure I'll revisit the brand again someday. While I was in the Garage today ( Parks - a Jaguar / Volvo / Landrover dealer....lol ) I was drooling over soooo many of the bigger cats that were there, all nice n shiny n new with their £56k price tags......bloody gorgeoussss

I will certainly try n make sure that whatever car I have it'll be at least one of the cleanest in the srtreet thats for sure.
Re the snow and a bad time to sell.................so so right. We've had a fair few flurries here today and more on the way seemingly.

Anyhow, its not all done n dusted yet, we're still only 90% of the way there....lol
I'm still gonna be on here though, couldn't leave the site, had too many good times n laughs on here. So many great guys with loadsa knowledge and always up for a laugh ( some of em even take a mean picture or 2 )

Jim

Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

Name:  cars.jpg
Size:  7.4 KB

Cool frombenz.............a good way to do it I guess.

Jim

Old 01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I'm not mistaken you have a dealers license correct? That would change everything so he wouldn't have to pay for a lot of things bo...not sure on that for sure though...

Old 01-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

And Jim if that is the newer mondeo go for it! If its the mondeo that looks like the focus does over here in the U.S. I'd pass! I love the new mondeo! Good for you though get what you want, I know I want an s-type r but can't afford it so thus I'll be getting a 7 passenger gas hog! Not a very fair trade-off though is it? 40-50mpg would be sweeeeeeet!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a shitty Honda civic hybrid Aquil lmao. That might get you 0-60 in 12 seconds lmao.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 28

ORIGINAL: aquill1
And Jim if that is the newer mondeo go for it! If its the mondeo that looks like the focus does over here in the U.S. I'd pass! I love the new mondeo! Good for you though get what you want, I know I want an s-type r but can't afford it so thus I'll be getting a 7 passenger gas hog! Not a very fair trade-off though is it? 40-50mpg would be sweeeeeeet!
Its not the New Mondeo Aquill, Have you got any pics of the " Focus " over your way?

I've just found out that I can get it remapped taking it from 155bhp to 193bhp for £360. That'll mean the 0 - 62mph will be around the 7 - 7.5 secs and a top speed of around 150mph
Oh yeah, and the fuel economy will improve by around 10% as long as you dont wear lead filled boots all day long of course!

Jim

Old 01-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Completely understand JIM, in my parents home country Romania,(which I speak romanian also ) gas is very very expensive over there. Most cars there are diesel. I go there almost every year . Love it there

Old 01-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 24
Views: 51

Jason, prices are still going up over here mate. Filled up today and it was £1.06 a litre[&:]

I remember the days not so long ago when filling up, you looked at the total cost per litre against the total sale in £££'s and it was always more. Ie - more litres of fuel than the cost per £££'s........Man thats totally been reversed[&:][&:]

Jim

Old 01-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Veteran Member

That sucks jim! Here is the focus! Thats what the car your getting looks like!

This is what I want you to get!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 23
Views: 22

Lol...........Aquill...........none of those cars are remotely like our versions.
The newer one you posted a pic of is similar to our new version, although yours looks sportier and much more squat looking.......very nice
Click on the link I have added below. This is very close to the one I hope to get except mine would be in Panther black with black leather interior and tinted windows.

Ford-Mondeo-St-Tdci-155BHP

Jim

Old 01-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

The top one is of the ford focus here in the states. The mondeo below is the new one I want you to get! Although that link to ebay you had is actually really nice! The front end though (headlights and grill) look very similar to the focus...

Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 26

The Modeo is a much bigger car.
We have the Focus over here too............looks similarish to your Focus in size n shape.

Jim

Quick Reply: Time for a change?