Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unable to lock with Remote

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Unable to lock with Remote

Hi,

I am not able to lock car using remote. When I press the lock button, there is a sound for security alarm but all the doors wont lock. I can lock it manually using the keyhole. The rest of the buttons work fine.

Heard there is a hard reset. How do I do this? Does it work or cause other problems?

Amin.
X-Type / 09 / 2.0 /Petrol / Singapore

Old 04-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

Does it unlock with the remote? If yes then the lock button is probably dirty and not making contact when you push it. Do a search and you will find lots of instructions for cleaning remote contacts

If it doesn't unlock with the remote then chances are your remote isn't paired to the car. Has it ever worked?

Old 04-06-2016, 01:26 PM
Wink

Hi buddy,

Thanks for the reply. It was working before a battery change. It was working with both keys but not now. At the moment I can only unlock the car, unlock the back boot and turn on the lights.

Amin

Old 04-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Need to reprogram the remotes.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by hlgeorge
Need to reprogram the remotes.
Does this mean that I have to go back to the agent?

Old 04-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

" Important Note :-All the fobs that you wish to use Must be paired at the same time. Every time you operate the key as in step 5 above the code will be changed, previously programmed fobs will no longer work unless you pair them all at the same time "

Jaguar X Type Information - Program Remote Key Fob

Old 04-07-2016, 02:25 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When you try to lock the doors, are they all closed?

If any door is open, it is impossible to lock the doors.(assuming the dreaded "auto lockout" is not enabled)

I find that when the little battery in the remote starts to get old, the functions begin to drop off, also the remote may do two functions or so in a row, but then the battery is depleted and won't power the remote until it rests for a few minutes.

When I opened one of the spare fobs I got off Ebay, it looked like between the couch cushions in there. Sticky and hairy and disgusting and gross. Warm soapy water cleaned under the buttons good, also the place where the buttons touch the circuit board.
After that rinse with warm water, dry by blotting, not rubbing, with paper towels, then rinse with rubbing alcohol and let dry completely.

Upon reassembly, my buttons seemed to press themselves until they all seat completely in the top cover, so do the reassembly well away from the car if you don't want the panic going off seven or eight times.

Above all watch those YouTube videos.

Old 04-07-2016, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by santer
" Important Note :-All the fobs that you wish to use Must be paired at the same time. Every time you operate the key as in step 5 above the code will be changed, previously programmed fobs will no longer work unless you pair them all at the same time "

Jaguar X Type Information - Program Remote Key Fob
Hi,

I tried pairing both fobs at the same time again but still same problem.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:54 AM

Hi, I have just changed my Battery on my 2002 x type Jaguar, The Key fobs now dont work on remote, I have tried parring by putting it in the ignition and following the steps turning the key 4 times 1 to 2 but Im not getting any chimes and the fobs still wont work, they worked great until the car battery change, I was told you can program the fobs by using the Indicter lever but have forgotten the process, can any one help ??