X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upper radiator support bushings

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upper radiator support bushings

I need a little help with this one. I've been searching the internet for pictures and how-to's with no luck. We have a 2006 jaguar x type wagon. I just replaced the radiator. as I was removing it, the upper bushings were just both sitting on top of each of the pegs on the radiator. and it always wiggled before ever pulling them out. I am assuming those bushings are to partly go into the metal frame about it, and I was trying to do so, but I cannot get them in there. Are they suppose to go in there? if so, whats the way to do it? appreciate help on this one. thanks!

Old 10-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,317 Likes on 1,004 Posts

I did a little looking around and couldn't find a definite answer for you. If you go to Jagrepair.com and the X-Type section and got to the Jaguar Spec Books and download each section you will have a complete tech manual. Thank Gus a forum member it's his site.
The go to SNG Barratt and download their parts catalog. Go to page 30 on the PDF and you will see a nice blow up of the parts associated with the radiator.
The bushings most likely insert first and then the radiator is introduced to the bushings.
I hope that's helpful.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by db057
I need a little help with this one. I've been searching the internet for pictures and how-to's with no luck. We have a 2006 jaguar x type wagon. I just replaced the radiator. as I was removing it, the upper bushings were just both sitting on top of each of the pegs on the radiator. and it always wiggled before ever pulling them out. I am assuming those bushings are to partly go into the metal frame about it, and I was trying to do so, but I cannot get them in there. Are they suppose to go in there? if so, whats the way to do it? appreciate help on this one. thanks!
Did you remove the radiator from the bottom? Just curious.

Those bushings are available try xjs, or rockauto.
e mail me back, I will look in the meantime where I saw them.

walter