Sponsored by:

Useful link AutoMD

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Useful link AutoMD

I thought I would post this link
AutoMD - Auto Repair Information for DIY & Do-It-For-Me Car Owners
Registering for this site is free and in my opinion useful. It will take a shot at diagnosing your car problem based on the symptoms you input.

If you already know the work that needs to be done you just click find a shop, give your location and car model and the components that need fixing from the list.

You get instant quotes on parts and labor, from recommended shops where you live!

You can browse and save quotes. The labor costs are stated not in hours but fractions of work hours.

How many times have you taken your car into a repair shop and the labor starts at one hour.

This is a very handy comparison tool rather than phoning around. For example I phoned a local shop in Las Vegas to replace a throttle body and mass airflow sensor. Two plug and play components that just involve removing a few screws and electrical connections.

They quoted me $315 labor which they would NOT guarantee as I am supplying the parts, rather than paying their insane markups.

AutoMD instant quotes from various shops were around $100 to $120 for both parts, quite a saving.

I did not even have to pick up the phone to get the quotes.