X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voice prewired xtype vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Voice prewired xtype vehicle

Data obtained from dealer indicated my xtype is prewired for voice.
My questions are:
1. do i need only voice module?
2.does prewired mean microphone included?
3.if need to buy a microphone, does the same microphone work for the phone setup?
4.If I add a phone module, do I need to add a phone harness or loom? or the prewired setup includes this?
5. did anyone added a factory bluetooth setup on a 2002 to 2003 model? Dealer said bluetooth module doesn't work for these year models.

Thanks.

Last edited by Rockyf; 07-13-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:22 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

1. You need a voice module, and a microphone. The voice module needs to be plugged into the fiber-optic network.

2. Very doubtful. In the early years the mic was in the roof console, right in the middle. If you remove the roof console you'll see it.

3. Yes. But go for the external mic, the internal one was ok with the built-in handset, but too quiet with the Bluetooth.

4. There were three different looms; Phone, Voice or Phone+Voice. The only way to tell is look in the trunk for the connectors. Pre-wired for Voice does not automatically mean pre-wired for Phone. Take some pictures of all the unused connectors in the trunk, left hand side.

5. Yes OEM bluetooth has been retrofitted into many "pre-Bluetooth" cars, mine included. You need the appropriate phone module, the bluetooth module, the external mic (the ones inside the roof console are too quiet) and the phone loom needs to have the correct number of pins at the black & red connector under the back of the center console.

I seem to recall that most of the early cars were already pre-wired for phone anyhow, but it's often down to luck. I was at a wrecking yard in Sydney last year, he had two 2001 & one 2002 X-Type, basic models, all of them had been pre-wired for Phone, but had no phones fitted.

The surprising thing is that they all had the correct number of pins in the black-red connector for Bluetooth. It really comes down to luck sometimes...

The following users liked this post:
Rockyf (07-13-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 01:46 AM

Thanks, great info. Reason I asked is I was able to get a phone mod from UK & planning to do all the option (Nav, Bluetooth, Voice & ACM) retrofit. Nav retrofit parts complete & Phone Module arriving.
I will check the existing harness when I do the nav fit. Hope I get Lucky!

Last edited by Rockyf; 07-13-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 PM

Open up the trunk & to my surprise...there's the phone loom harness.

Now I can fit my phone module. Next is to hunt for the bluetooth module & check the light console for a mic.

Now my question is how do I add the Voice Module. There's no other extra plug/connector. any ideas.

THANKS CAMBO!

Attached Thumbnails Voice prewired xtype vehicle-xtype-phone-1.jpg   Voice prewired xtype vehicle-xtype-phone-2.jpg   Voice prewired xtype vehicle-xtype-phone-3.jpg   Voice prewired xtype vehicle-xtype-phone-4.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

It's a bit early for celebrations!

The voice connector is on the same loom as the phone connector (if you have one) so if it's not there then you're outta luck...seems strange that the spec list says pre-wired but it's not...wouldn't be the first time though...as the label says M.TELEPHONE only (no mention of voice) then i'm pretty sure it's not.

You will have to find a donor car with phone & voice, and get the whole loom from it. It connects under the back seat, left side, a large green connector and a small grey one, and it also runs to under the carpet to the center console.

I know a couple of guys who tried splicing into the existing phone harness, hell of a job and without the connector to the module itself very hard to make it work.

You also need to check how many pins are in the black-red connector at the center console, if you've only got 5 pins then the loom isn't bluetooth compatible either...

And that phone module in your picture is not Bluetooth compatible...correct part number for the Bluetooth unit is 2W93-19K350-??

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Old 07-14-2012, 03:04 AM

Got it.
I went & looked at the UK forum & found the 3 wire retrofit. I will be contacting my audio expert buddy & see what we can salvage in my existing setup.
Voice is not on the high list of things to do. Maybe later on when I finish the nav & phone project.

Thanks again for the info.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default voice wire

hello
under the rear seat i ve got 2 connectors, bleue and green one is connected to wire, that arrive in the boot, the second is free.
in the boot i have the phone module but no wire for voice.
so, shoud the free connector be for the voice ?
if yes does any one knows the wire's part number to connect this to my voice module ?
tks if you can help me
my car is an 2001 x-type.
sorry for my bad english