X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warninglamp flashing, please help??? (2.0 Diesel)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warninglamp flashing, please help??? (2.0 Diesel)

Hi everyone,

First i apologize for my bad english and hope that you can understand me.

I have a Jaguar X type 2004 2.0D.

Yesterday the motorengine lamp (yellow lamp) started to light while driving and one other warning lamp started to flash in yellow, the one that looks like a pair of glasses, here is a link to how it look likes http://www.haynes.co.uk/Press/Releas...R_11_small.jpg

What I have noticed with the car after this is that it was just a little bit harder to start it in the morning and it feels like the engine doesnt go on full power, that can be my imagination but it feels much weaker I think.

So I beg you, can anyone tell me whats wrong with my poor Jaguar?

Sincerely

Jessica

Last edited by H20boy; 04-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Jessica, the yellow lamp that looks like glasses is your "glow plug" light. You should turn the key to the RUN position, hold there until the glow plug light goes out, then turn it over to the START position. This will put some heat into the cylinder to get the diesel effect going. IF this is coming on as you are driving, then that is telling me to you have an electrical issue that the ECU (the computer that controls the engine) is thinking it needs to engage the glow plugs to start the engine. Unless you have a significant other that is good with automotive wiring, I would tell you to take it to a repair shop to have them look at it.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo
Jessica, the yellow lamp that looks like glasses is your "glow plug" light. You should turn the key to the RUN position, hold there until the glow plug light goes out, then turn it over to the START position. This will put some heat into the cylinder to get the diesel effect going. IF this is coming on as you are driving, then that is telling me to you have an electrical issue that the ECU (the computer that controls the engine) is thinking it needs to engage the glow plugs to start the engine. Unless you have a significant other that is good with automotive wiring, I would tell you to take it to a repair shop to have them look at it.
The sad thing is i have 12 milds to nearest Jaguar repairshop and they are known to charge money for faults Thatcher dont exist.

The glowplug light started flashing while i was driving and the engine lamp also lit but not flashing.
I noticed now on the morning that the car was à bit jumpy before fertilt warm.

Sincerely

Jessica

Old 04-12-2011, 01:14 PM

Sorry for posting in two cathegories, didnt know which one was right.

So you think it can be à wiring issue?
Perhaps à gular mechanic can look at it without having à jaguarcomputer to connect?

Jessica

Old 04-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Jessica, I would probably go with the local mechanic first. This is a very unique problem. This problem shouldn't need a computer to be corrected. So, use the local mechanic and see what he says.