Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water pump replaced - Lots of problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump replaced - Lots of problems

Guy's,

I replaced the water pump on my 02 2.5 X-type and now have lots of problems! To get to the water pump I had to disconnect the battery and remove it, then removes the battey tray to gain access. I replaced the water pump with not problems, but now since reconnecting the battery I have the following issues;

Climate control panel is dead
Engine light it lit
Lots of different messages such as crusie control is inoperable and the fuel computer failed. These error dissapear once the car has been switched off an restarted.

I have attaced my odb2 scanner, this has told me that I have "CAN Link ECM / Climate Control Module" error.

I will take a look at the fuse, but suspect that the problem lies a little deeper.

Any idea's?

thanks,

Simon.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Banned

It can't be anything serious, if you only disconnected the battery..Try driving the car for a few miles to recharge the battery, as a low battery gives all sorts of strange indications and errors..

Old 01-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Colt
It can't be anything serious, if you only disconnected the battery..Try driving the car for a few miles to recharge the battery, as a low battery gives all sorts of strange indications and errors..

Ok will do, in fact I think that I shall put the battery on charge for a few hours first.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

5imon, not to ask the silly question, but did you put the code into the radio to reactivate the radio? That should restore the climate control.

As for the check engine light, I would get the battery back up to 100% and see what things look like at that point. From there, try making sure that your battery terminals are clean and tight.

Let us know what you find at that point and we can go deeper into the car at that point.

Old 01-22-2010, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Thermo
5imon, not to ask the silly question, but did you put the code into the radio to reactivate the radio? That should restore the climate control.

As for the check engine light, I would get the battery back up to 100% and see what things look like at that point. From there, try making sure that your battery terminals are clean and tight.

Let us know what you find at that point and we can go deeper into the car at that point.
Yes I did - added in the radio code and that secion started to work, but no the Climate panel. Batter looks as if it was quite low, so it's charging for today then I will assess further issues.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:39 AM

Hmm, still have the same problems. I get the error code p1000 from the code reader. I can turn off the engine light, but it reappears after a restart. The CC panel is still dead, The only fuse that I can see that has anything to do with the panel also controls the electric seat adjust, but these work fine..

Any other idea's?

The battery has a full charge and the both connections are clean and tight. Other than taking it to Jaguar I'm a little lost here..

Old 01-27-2010, 06:03 AM

Just reseated the battery, checked all close wired connections and took out all the engoine bay fuses to check them. Also check a couple of relevant fuses in the passenger compartment.

Restarted the car and got two codes P1699 and P1000.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:42 AM
ud
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ihave had my battery undone many times. I never had such problems.
I would take a very close look at the area where you worked and make sure that everything electrical is plugged in properly, and there are no pinched wires. When you disconnect/connect the battery the car should start up fine with no errors.