X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to find a MAP sensor pigtail?

Old 09-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where to find a MAP sensor pigtail?

Does anyone know where I can find a MAP sensor pigtail for an 04 X Type? BAP Geon says no dice. And Nally Jag doesn't have it. Darn squirrel bit through.... well, don't get me started.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Jo, down near you, next to the NAS is a big auto wrecking yard. See what they can do for you. You should be able to get back into the yard and if you can bring the sensor with you, you can match up a plug to work. IT should only cost you about $20 to get the new plug. Unfortunately, no one sells just the plastic plug. I have fought like hell to get ones that way and the only way I end up with them is to cut one off of another vehicle or buy a complete harness through the dealership (something about vaseline and grabbing ankles comes to mind, LMAO). If you still can't find one, let me know. I know there is a junkyard up near me that has a few X-Types sitting in it that I am sure we can get you what you need. If you want to contact them directly, look up "Brandywine auto recyclers". They will be able to pull the part for you and send you the plug.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:20 PM

Thermo! There you are. Thanks! I called around and the Jag places online that were open today don't carry it. I found something at Ballenger's but I'm not even sure what the heck I'm looking for. This is their website. http://www.bmotorsports.com/

I'm going to look for the Brandywine auto recyclers website right now. Pick and Pull here doesn't have any Jags at all. The guy at BAP Geon (the place you were talking about up at Military Hwy and Little Creek Rd) gave me the names of a few places to look for salvaged parts around here but nothing was open today.

You're right about the price of a new harness at the dealership. Over $500 to get a $20 part. I don't think so.

The new coolant reservoir is on her now. That was an easy fix.

I saw where the pesky little critter chewed the wires on the map sensor. It looks like he bit through one tiny wire just this side of that plug and shredded the rest beside it. It looks like that's all the squirrel damage there is; the service manager made it sound like every wire on the car was shredded. Good Lord...

So I just have to find the pigtail and then the throttle pedal whatchamacallit, get an oil change, wash her, and then I think she'll be ready to ride. Woo hoo!

Old 09-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

there are prewired pin in the Jaguar harness repair kit. you just unlock and unpin the the connector and solder in the new correct pins. Its not in the parts or repair manual. you have to take in the pins and match them up in the kit. The kits in the shop at most dealers. Go talk to a tech. Ide say $20 would get you 2 or 3 pins.

Old 09-18-2010, 09:15 PM

Ok, Brutal. Will do. Thank you! I appreciate it. Every bit of info helps!