X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheres the current X-Type owners at?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Wheres the current X-Type owners at?

Yo whats up guys, I've been using these forums for help and guide lines for car, thanks a lot. These forums have been so helpful. My dad handed me down his old X-Type and I've fallen in love. My mission was to mod my car and show the world that Jags aren't just old people cars! All the forums I see are old from years back. Are you guys still out there?!?!?!?! what kind of awesome mods have you guys done?!?!?! Show me!! I'm looking for some new ideas and want to see more awesome X-Types. I live in the Chicagoland area and Jaguars in general here are pretty rare. I'm only 17 so my mods have been pretty cheap. Muffler delete which sounds awesome and I plan on removing the resonators. And don't hate on me, I understand it's a Jag but I just LOVE very loud cars, maybe it's because of my age lmao but I think I will always love loud annoying cars. I've changed every single light bulb inside and out to an LED or HID, Window tints 20% in the back and 35% in the front (soon to be 5% all the way around, Blacked out out tail lights, reflectors, side markers, & rims, 2 12" Kenwoods subs with a 3,000 Watt Boss amp. I have ALOT planned for my car this summer, I just have to save up lmao

Attached Thumbnails Wheres the current X-Type owners at?-img_9981.jpg   Wheres the current X-Type owners at?-img_9920.jpg   Wheres the current X-Type owners at?-img_9815.png  
Old 04-11-2015, 04:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 210 Likes on 164 Posts

Hi & welcome Great to see you here.The X type in North America was never a great seller . NA seems to preffer older bigger , sports Jags . If you check out the UK Forums , site ..JaguarForum.com - The World's # 1 Jaguar Car Forum. You will find that 2/3 of posts will be X type related. There are still 110.000 X types on British roads . ( sold from 2001--2009 )I'm on my 2nd X type . My current is a Limited " Spirit "2.5 Auto . Has full JagSports Body kit . I've just De badged the boot ( trunk ) , but left the small " Spirit " badge .

Old 04-11-2015, 06:25 AM

I'm 29, Have an X-type. Maybe its just me but I love my Jag how it is. I personally do not like the loo of Jags that have blacked out lights, de-badge etc. The Jag was made to look how it looks and that's what i love about it.

Upgrading light bulbs etc is fine but I don't know why anyone would want to take away the classic Jag look? From the front your car looks awesome, from the back i just think yuk. But that's just my opinion and not meant to be a criticism.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Juan, I have been around for a long time and most of the people here know me as I tend to do a lot with helping people get past a hard spot.

I will give you one word of caution when it comes to your next step in the exhaust. DO NOT DO IT!!!!!! The X-Type will start throwing fits if the back pressure drops too low (start getting O2 sensor issues). I am a little surprised that you aren't getting them now. Some members here have had more issues trying to get a freer flowing exhaust than they care to admit to. Just trying to save you a little heartache in the future.

As for mods, I am more of an understated kind of person. But, you might find this mod of interest with your car:

This is something I did to the front and rear of the car. I removed the chrome pieces on the corners and center and painted them to give the car a sport version appearance. The difference being if you look on the rear, the "JAGUAR" is still in chrome where the Sport model has this painted in. You will also notice all the badging on the back is gone. I think (and it is a personal opinion) that the car looks better this way. It is also cheap to do if you have access to an airbrush. The paint can be had for around $50 and to leave the lettering in chrome is simply done using Elmer's white glue. If you want to know more, let me know.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts
Wink

HI.....I live an hour or less from you, in Hobart, IN. I do very suttle things to my X Type, like adding chrome leapers to both front fenders, that I got from Ebay, by way of China. I made my cold air induction, and I spend half of my life detailing my car, so it is not like anyone else's. I have some stock anteras wheels(I think that is what they are called), that show a lot of the brake rotors, so I painted my calipers red, with a ceramic paint from duplicolor. I also added chrome wheel opening trim, and a bit of chrome to the part of the hood, by the windshield. If course all my cars have bright red exhaust tip insides. I am 57 years old, and never grew up. I am restoring my XK8 convertible now, to resemble the XKE I had, when I was in my 20s. I bought it for $1500 and sold it for a few hundred more.....Now a rat sells for almost $30k.....Live and learn I guess......Be cool.....Mike

Old 04-11-2015, 10:38 PM

Really??? I haven't really heard anything about problems being caused by a straight pipe other than maybe a loss of torque due to the loss of back pressure with in my case I don't really care, I don't drag race my car lmao, what happens to the O2 sensor??? Are you saying this because you experienced it? Or have heard about? I've had absolutely no problems with my jag with no mufflers, people tell me it sounds awesome and loud but I feel like like it's not pleasing me so I've been wanting to remove the resonators, what other problems can happen to me if i do?

Old 04-11-2015, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by mrplow58
HI.....I live an hour or less from you, in Hobart, IN. I do very suttle things to my X Type, like adding chrome leapers to both front fenders, that I got from Ebay, by way of China. I made my cold air induction, and I spend half of my life detailing my car, so it is not like anyone else's. I have some stock anteras wheels(I think that is what they are called), that show a lot of the brake rotors, so I painted my calipers red, with a ceramic paint from duplicolor. I also added chrome wheel opening trim, and a bit of chrome to the part of the hood, by the windshield. If course all my cars have bright red exhaust tip insides. I am 57 years old, and never grew up. I am restoring my XK8 convertible now, to resemble the XKE I had, when I was in my 20s. I bought it for $1500 and sold it for a few hundred more.....Now a rat sells for almost $30k.....Live and learn I guess......Be cool.....Mike

Hahaha you sound like an awesome person! Any pictures???

Old 04-11-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Thermo
Juan, I have been around for a long time and most of the people here know me as I tend to do a lot with helping people get past a hard spot.

I will give you one word of caution when it comes to your next step in the exhaust. DO NOT DO IT!!!!!! The X-Type will start throwing fits if the back pressure drops too low (start getting O2 sensor issues). I am a little surprised that you aren't getting them now. Some members here have had more issues trying to get a freer flowing exhaust than they care to admit to. Just trying to save you a little heartache in the future.

As for mods, I am more of an understated kind of person. But, you might find this mod of interest with your car:

This is something I did to the front and rear of the car. I removed the chrome pieces on the corners and center and painted them to give the car a sport version appearance. The difference being if you look on the rear, the "JAGUAR" is still in chrome where the Sport model has this painted in. You will also notice all the badging on the back is gone. I think (and it is a personal opinion) that the car looks better this way. It is also cheap to do if you have access to an airbrush. The paint can be had for around $50 and to leave the lettering in chrome is simply done using Elmer's white glue. If you want to know more, let me know.
Really??? I haven't really heard anything about problems being caused by a straight pipe other than maybe a loss of torque due to the loss of back pressure with in my case I don't really care, I don't drag race my car lmao, what happens to the O2 sensor??? Are you saying this because you experienced it? Or have heard about? I've had absolutely no problems with my jag with no mufflers, people tell me it sounds awesome and loud but I feel like like it's not pleasing me so I've been wanting to remove the resonators, what other problems can happen to me if i do?

Old 04-11-2015, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by FollowMe
I'm 29, Have an X-type. Maybe its just me but I love my Jag how it is. I personally do not like the loo of Jags that have blacked out lights, de-badge etc. The Jag was made to look how it looks and that's what i love about it.

Upgrading light bulbs etc is fine but I don't know why anyone would want to take away the classic Jag look? From the front your car looks awesome, from the back i just think yuk. But that's just my opinion and not meant to be a criticism.

Haha i guess it's a matter of taste, I love changing things and I LOVE blacked out tail lights, no matter that car I have I will always suit it up to my preferences ya feel???

Old 04-11-2015, 11:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thermo

Thermo,

I'll need to get with you on the way you did the back of yours. I like the subtle look.
My next is HIDs though.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:04 PM

Juanjc,
Do you know what plasti dip is?
If you like the black look do your rims like mine. It took me 3 cans of matte black and one of glossifier to give it some shine.
It's about $6 a can at Lowe's. And if you've never heard of it, it's a rubbery like spray paint which you can peel off if you don't want it anymore. Pretty cool stuff.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by jarrod_9427
Juanjc,
Do you know what plasti dip is?
If you like the black look do your rims like mine. It took me 3 cans of matte black and one of glossifier to give it some shine.
It's about $6 a can at Lowe's. And if you've never heard of it, it's a rubbery like spray paint which you can peel off if you don't want it anymore. Pretty cool stuff.
Who doesn't know that plastidip is?! Lmao yeah my rims are dipped gloss black, and I tinted my tail lights with plasti dip I'm pretty good with plastic dip, I've used it a lot, I plan on dipping my entire car white, all it took to black my rims out was 1 can and they look pretty good I glossed them as much as I could, thanks for the mention about it tho

Old 04-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by juanjc
Who doesn't know that plastidip is?! Lmao yeah my rims are dipped gloss black, and I tinted my tail lights with plasti dip I'm pretty good with plastic dip, I've used it a lot, I plan on dipping my entire car white, all it took to black my rims out was 1 can and they look pretty good I glossed them as much as I could, thanks for the mention about it tho
I have about 150sqft of matte black vinyl that I will sell you for super cheap compared to what amazon sells it for. Stuff is good for all sorts of projeccts. I can send you pictures of the product and what it looks like on an x. I only did the hood, roof, and truck and it looked killer 2 toned with the black wheels.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:51 AM

Haha a lot of people don't know believe it or not.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:56 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

Juan, I am basing my comment on the exhaust based on what other members here have experienced. No personal experience as I realize that the X-type is not a "high performance" vehicle and I am keeping the car more as a cruiser than trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of the motor possible (that will be the XJ that is coming soon).

Old 04-12-2015, 08:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 234 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by juanjc

Hahaha you sound like an awesome person! Any pictures???
Here are the pics you asked for. Just click on them to see the detail. I know you are a youngster, but if you can get out, I've had a lot of young friends play in my garage with me, especially on the Jeep Forums. I have tons of tools, and am putting together an XK8 convertible now. Don't worry about me. I live in a slab house on very hard clay, so there are no young folks buried around here......Be cool.....Mike

Attached Thumbnails Wheres the current X-Type owners at?-dscn0214.jpg   Wheres the current X-Type owners at?-dscn0216.jpg  

Last edited by mrplow58; 04-12-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice X Type mate.

The following users liked this post:
mrplow58 (04-12-2015)
Old 04-12-2015, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by mrplow58
Here are the pics you asked for. Just click on them to see the detail. I know you are a youngster, but if you can get out, I've had a lot of young friends play in my garage with me, especially on the Jeep Forums. I have tons of tools, and am putting together an XK8 convertible now. Don't worry about me. I live in a slab house on very hard clay, so there are no young folks buried around here......Be cool.....Mike

Hahaha you made me laugh pretty good lmfao, love the little jags in the fenders, & the paint you've more made your car look pretty sporty

The following users liked this post:
mrplow58 (04-23-2015)
Old 04-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

juanjc:

You have officially exceeded your quota of "lmao" and "lmfao," and you'll have to think of something else to say now.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by MeatBag
juanjc:

You have officially exceeded your quota of "lmao" and "lmfao," and you'll have to think of something else to say now.

And who the hell are you to tell me what I can say and what I can't say? Lmao

Quick Reply: Wheres the current X-Type owners at?