Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window tint

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default window tint

Okay, so now that i've got all the front side markers darkerned, i'm going to give a call to the window tinting place in town. So my question is what kind of tint looks best on these cars. I would like to get limo, or darker tint ont he back, and a bit lighter ont he front, exculding the windsheild of course. But i also lke the look of allt he windows tinted the same, limo tint prefarably, what ur guys opinion on this, and i get some pics up to of my car.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

i personally went with the darker on the rear and lighter on the fronts.. 25/15%

Old 06-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

I no longer use such stuffs but lighter front is reasonably better considering you can easily see what's behind or around you

Old 06-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

I just mounted 20% all the way around on my car. I am liking the darker tint. One bit of caution though, the darker you go, the more likely the cops are going to give you a hard time. Most states limit the front window tint to 35%. Darker and it can lead to fines and what not. Something to consider.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went with limo black on the rear, simpply because the law won't let you tint the front windows in the UK. You can do it and may get away with it for a while but you're guaranteed to get one arsey cop and you're ripping it off infront of him. I f I had the choice I would've done limo black all around. Each to their own really, if you like it, screw every one else's opinion!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts

I've got 5% on the back windscreen and rear doors and 20% front doors. Came that way when I got it so I'll tell any police officer it was factory installed. Looks awesome compared to non-tinted.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

thses are the pics, sorry it took a while, et up with some freinds. Yeaht the cops do hassle, i know that, but if i say its factory will thye let me pass. I'd like to go all out, but should i keep it light up front. And the rust and other paint defects u see, are goong to be fixed tommorw along with other probelms. I live in alberta.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Limo on the rear windscreen and rear doors, 25% front doors with a tinted strip on the front windshield. Got pulled over by a cop last week for no front license plate who gave me a ticket for that AND for the tint strip on the front windshield being below the A1 line....no A1 line on my windshield, but oh well. Cop put the scanner on the back window, it read 3%. He said he could have ticketed me for that too. I guess he was feeling generous.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member

they have scanners, thats high tech, i can see how it works, but yeah, so should i go all out, or what percent do u guys thing schould i use ont he front

Old 07-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,823 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Disco, get what you want. Just keep in mind the darker you go, the more likely they are to give you hell. Most people push the limits by going with 20%. You will find that it is a common tint shade. You may also find that not all tint shops will be willing to "violate" the law by installing tint that is darker than is allowed by law. So, do some asking around and see what shops will do what for you.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member

Okay, thanx thermo, i've seen the work done by thsi shop around town, and i think thwy will push the laws, they take the door panels off and do it properly, fromt he guy that i asked a estimate for, seems honest and reliable, hopefully this won't be a autobody rip off again,don't worry i didn't fall for it. He's asking 375 for everything.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:29 PM

i did my windows 35% i personally think it makes the car look beeter due to my lighter interior...

Old 07-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member

yeah i got a black interior, and my freind got his car tinited, it just enhacnes it so much, makes the leather look nicer and the dash too.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:22 AM

I have an '06 Acura TSX with limo tint in the back and light tint up front. I personally like the look of having all limo tint; however, the cops are more likely to give you a hard time; limo tint up front is a pain at night because you can't see your surroundings (especially when backing up and checking your outside mirrors); and the lights from the dash and radio cause a glare on the front windows. With light tint, the cops may still give you a hard time, but frankly they have more important things to worry about; the glare still exists from the dash and radio, but it's not nearly as bad and it's easier to see your surroundings at night. But, that's just my experience with it. Ultimately, it's your car and you have to be happy with it.

One warning though, if you have the Nav System and/or Sat Radio, be sure your tint won't interfere with the satellite signal.

Old 07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

yea i don't got nav, or sat, i like the look of limo as well, but i think i might go limo all back and passenger, and up front ill go 25%, when i get a really expensive car, ill go all out, but if i go all out on the x tpe, can't i just say its factory and theyll let me go, wheres our police officer frined on here

Old 07-07-2009, 03:42 PM

So I may not be a police officer, but I do start the Sheriff's Academy in Oct. Generally, a police officer doesn't care if the tint is factory or not, the law is the law. But unless you're an a**hole to the officer (not implying that you are), more than likely they won't give too bad of a time. The one time I've had a cop give me a hard time for the tint, he ended just citing me for speed and thanked me for being cooperative. Of course, you may get a cop who's either really bored or just mad at the world and give you a ticket anyway, but that's a risk with front window tint. To me the risk is worth it.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 AM

I got my windows tinted 35% all around last week. LOOKS GREAT!!!! I got a non reflective film so it goes great with the black paint.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 119 Likes on 113 Posts
Cool

gupdah, it probably does look great. Of course, a PICTURE would let us all see how great it looks.

Old 07-08-2009, 04:53 PM

I have had the same window tinting in both of my Xtypes I have owned.

My black 02 sport and my current platinum 06 sport both had/have Limo in the back and rear windows, and as "dark as legal" here in Washington for the front doors.

Have been pulled over a couple of times in both of my cars and the police have never said anything about my tint (just lucky I guess)

The only problem with my rear window being Sooo dark, is that my "dimmer device" on my rear view mirror does not work because of it. The film is so dark, that the sensor cannot even pick up any lights from behind me

Old 07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member

hmmm, so i ethier go all out, and pray that i don't get pulled over, or light and slightly ruin the effect of the tint. SO define being cooperative, i got my self ouit of a racing ticket by being cooperative and he just wanred me about tunring right on a red, not coming to a stop. But how do i get out of a window tint one.

Quick Reply: window tint