X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Washer Nozzle & Windhsield Vents

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Windshield Washer Nozzle & Windhsield Vents

This is my repair project #3 on recently purchased 2002 X-Type.

Are the windshield washer nozzle easily obtained and replaced?

The fluid hose will not stay connected to the nozzle base in the engine compartment and I did not observe anything but a smooth fitting on the underside of the nozzle base to connect the hose to (barbs broken off? - hose stretched out of shape?).

I also need to replace both front windshield vent covers (trim code NED). Any recommendations on source of replacements and for more permanent reattachment of the replacements?

Attached Thumbnails Windshield Washer Nozzle & Windhsield Vents-windshield-parts_01.jpg  
Old 07-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

PanamaJag, look up a company called JPLV (aka, Gaudin Jaguar/Porsche). Give them a call and they will hook you up with everything that you need. When you buy the vents, also get the retaining clips (assuming that they don't ask if you need them first). They should also be able to get you the washer pieces too. Probably not a bad idea to replace the tubing either. It is possible that the tubing got stretched if someone liked to remove the nozzles when they waxed the car. Hard to say without seeing things in person.

The following users liked this post:
PanamaJag (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 06:14 PM

Do the nozzle housing simply push forward/back and pop off the hood?

Thx for your help Thermo. I have been using your advice from other posts to replace many/many small things thus far. U da man!!!

Old 07-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Veteran member
Received 3,826 Likes on 3,145 Posts

Panama, if you open your hood and look around the nozzle, you will see where there is a single clip that you can depress (I want to say it is on the side of the nozzle facing the windshield). Depress the clip, push up on the nozzle slightly and it will rock right out of the hole. The hardest part will be finding the clip. But, after that, it will practically fall out of the car.

Not to give you any ideas, but since you will have the nozzles off of the car, may want to color match the nozzles so they blend in a bit better with the hood vice having these black dots in the hood. Just make sure to cover the nozzles inside the sprayer so you don't clog them with paint.

Oh yeah, don't forget to mention that you are a member here when talking with JPLV. They are a sponsor here and they like hearing that they are getting what they are paying for. They have given the site some stuff to raffle off.

The following users liked this post:
PanamaJag (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 06:57 PM

Great idea on color matching the nozzles - THX!!