X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type Central Locking problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 06:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Type Central Locking problems.

Hello,i recently bought a Jaguar x-type 2.1 petrol 2003 and i am verry happy with it but i have some problems with the central locking.
The car won't unlock using key fob ,i changed the battery on the keyfob but that didn't help.
When i unlock it with the key,it unlocks only the drivers door,the other 3 stay locked,when i have passangers i have to unlock it from the insite manually for each passanger,however when i lock the car,it locks all 4 doors.

Also if i don't put the key in the ignition the alarm goes off,i have to rush everytime to put the key in.

Also the back right door has the plastic a little loose and when i close the window on that door,it makes a friction sound .
Would that have something to do with my problem ?

I will be taking the car to service but i have trust issues now,so i am asking here for some possible advice.

Thank you .

Old 08-17-2015, 02:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

Can't help with the window problem that is unlikely to be related to the other problems

The default set-up is for one press of the unlock button to unlock the driver's door and a further press to unlock the other doors. Similarly, a second turn of the key will unlock the other doors. The need to insert the key in the ignition after unlocking with the key is standard to raise the alarm following entry with a non programmed key. (Or even a programmed key!!)

It sounds as though your key fob needs re-programming to the car. All you need should be here

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ed-know-87749/

Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by astromorg
Can't help with the window problem that is unlikely to be related to the other problems

The default set-up is for one press of the unlock button to unlock the driver's door and a further press to unlock the other doors. Similarly, a second turn of the key will unlock the other doors. The need to insert the key in the ignition after unlocking with the key is standard to raise the alarm following entry with a non programmed key. (Or even a programmed key!!)

It sounds as though your key fob needs re-programming to the car. All you need should be here

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ed-know-87749/
Thank you for your reply,well i feel pretty stupid now not knowing to to use my locking system (i am talking about turning the key 2 times)

Can my key be non-programmed ?,i mean i can start the car ,i can drive it with no problems (its a beast by the way,i love this engine)

Will try to re-program it when my cousins gets back from work ,he took the car.

Thanks again for your time

Old 08-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 350 Posts

It's the fob - the bit with four buttons - that probably needs re programming. The metal key itself has an inbuilt transponder that is clearly correctly programmed to your car as you can start and drive it.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by astromorg
It's the fob - the bit with four buttons - that probably needs re programming. The metal key itself has an inbuilt transponder that is clearly correctly programmed to your car as you can start and drive it.
I tried reprogramming it by this guide : https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...key-fobs-2056/

But its not working,it makes the sound after the 4 times swith from II to I ,but after i press the button on the fob there is no sound to confirm that i paired them.
Any sugestions ?

Old 08-18-2015, 02:40 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Fresh battery? Maybe your battery is bad or weak

Old 08-18-2015, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by 04Sport
Fresh battery? Maybe your battery is bad or weak
Replacing the battery was the first thing i did when i saw it wasn't working.
I put a fresh one in.
Is there a way i can test the key fob to see if its sending any signal ?

Also ,i forgot to mention ,i am in UK so the jag has the wheel on the right side,does that make any differance? Some car models are different depending on the continent/country

Last edited by Seby Murarescu; 08-18-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen in some parts stores here in the US where they can test if your remote is sending a signal or not. Hopefully you can locate a place near you that can test it for you. I hope you can find an affordable solution to the problem.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Seby Murarescu
Replacing the battery was the first thing i did when i saw it wasn't working.
I put a fresh one in.
Is there a way i can test the key fob to see if its sending any signal ?

Also ,i forgot to mention ,i am in UK so the jag has the wheel on the right side,does that make any differance? Some car models are different depending on the continent/country
I'm having this exact same problem. Bought my X-Type second hand. The seller said that the key fob needed a new battery, so I put a new battery in. Tried to pair it with the car - no joy. Bough a replacement key fob, same thing, it won't pair with the car. After trying to pair the new remote my alarm now goes off as soon as I open the door. It doesn't even give me the 7 seconds you normally get to turn the key in the ignition. I'm tearing my hair out over this and wonder whether the signal receiver has been taken out or is broken? Help!!!