X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

x-type coolant tank issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default x-type coolant tank issue

good morning all, its been a while since i've been on. two teenaged girls, i have to fight for computer time in between running them all over town.
also the jag has been in the body shop for a couple weeks thanks to a work truck backing into me, about 5 grand in damages. i will try to post a pic.

i do have a guestion about my 2002 x-type 3.0
i had a leak in the coolant tank and replaced last year. replaced with a used one as it was all i could find at the time. i has now started leaking. i found a new one to replace it with, but before i do an damage another one, is there something i should look for as the cause or is this something that happes often. i did see the same stress fractures on both tanks in the same places- right on the inner seal were they are joined.
what do you think.

Attached Thumbnails x-type coolant tank issue-jag.jpg  
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by diggerdegraves
good morning all, its been a while since i've been on. two teenaged girls, i have to fight for computer time in between running them all over town.
also the jag has been in the body shop for a couple weeks thanks to a work truck backing into me, about 5 grand in damages. i will try to post a pic.

i do have a guestion about my 2002 x-type 3.0
i had a leak in the coolant tank and replaced last year. replaced with a used one as it was all i could find at the time. i has now started leaking. i found a new one to replace it with, but before i do an damage another one, is there something i should look for as the cause or is this something that happes often. i did see the same stress fractures on both tanks in the same places- right on the inner seal were they are joined.
what do you think.
To bad about damage you incurred.
About the expansion tank, I've not heard of a problem between the top and bottom halves. I think most of the problems have been with the nipple on the passenger side of the tank where the return hose from the front of the engine attaches. That's where mine failed. I got my replacement from Pit Stop Auto Parts for $97.80.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Sorry to hear about tank probs , Thermo replied in your previous thread :

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x.../x-type-45815/