X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Type DIESEL cruise retro fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 01:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question X Type DIESEL cruise retro fit

Has any one had any success getting this to work.

I sourced the additional brake pedal switch, different pedal harness and the steering wheel controls. Fitted everything today, but unlike 2.5 and 3.0 petrol cars which I have done this to in the past, the car does not respond to any input from the switch.

I read the fault memorys with IDS and there were only the codes I generated removing the air bag.

So I checked the signals from the switchs with data logger and the engine ECU can see the brake pedal switch but sees nothing from the steering wheel control for cruise.

So the next job will be to take the steering wheel off again and check my 2nd hand switch does actually work with an multi meter, but I just wondered if anyone on here had ever got cruise to work retrofit.

Thanks

Old 01-31-2015, 06:56 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Everyone said it was not possible to retrofit cruise to the diesels, but it seems someone has got it to work...

Originally Posted by craig030774
Hi after fitting pedal loom and switches to my 2004 53 plate 2.0 diesel. I had the misfortune to find it did not work and dealers nor independant could switch on the cruise. However whilst driving home off nights I thought " I wonder if their is a switch code like enabling the auto lock/ central locking mod"
I do not know the exact procedure but whilst driving I held the on button and resume for a bit then rocked on\off 3 times then resume and got the dash light on and cruise enabled. I hope others will try and report a correct sequence. But rest assured it can be done
Originally Posted by craig030774
Parts I obtained for enabling cruise
1 . Steering wheel switches and wheel loom
2. 4 pin clutch switch from a mondeo with cruise. Second brake light switch from same car complete with plug and a bit of cable.
I fitted the 2 new switches and wired into existing pedal loom .
Then I hit a brick wall in getting it enabled as I believe some have had the luck that it worked straight away.
I have the earlier type of steering wheel and the dash without the information bar.
Whilst driving I pressed and held the on and resume button for around 20 secs then I tried on-off 3 times followed by the resume button and the little light appeared on the dash and cruise was enabled.
I hope this is of use to someone and they can post their findings and the exact procedure. Also if anyone has the later type of wheel if they manage it. What do you have to lose as my parts set me back a hefty £8

Old 02-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks very much for the info there.

Our car has the later steering wheel, so no off or one button, up down cancel and resume.

Will try holding / pressing all buttons on a drive later.

Next weekend I will go through the wiring diagram and make sure all the wires from the switch's to the ECU are actually there, as well as testing the outout from the switch.

I'll keep everyone updated if I find the anser to get it working.