!! Restricted performance !! - Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !! Restricted performance !! - Please Help!

So I was cruising down the Motorway on Saturday morning and about 30 mins into my journey I got the greaded "Restricted Performance" message on the centre console / dashboard with the RED TRIANGLE warning sign, I was doing about 73mph on cruise at the time and had just accelerated to catch up and have a look at something just ahead when the message came on. Immediately I lost power in the acceleration and the car would not accelerate past about 2000 rpm! I slowed down a tad (from 80ish to 70mph again) and the car seemed to settle, so I continued my journey like this.

At the end of the day (after work) I started the car and started to drive home and it was fine again for most of the way then about 25-30 miles into the journey (but long after the car had warmed up - presumably) It hit again - exactly the same symptoms. I wanted to test a theory so gently and slowly accelerated using only the cruise controls in 2mph increments and managed to get to about 85mph when I must have hit a performance barrier and the car actually changed down a gear causing the revs to increase to almost 3000rpm and the car slowed dramatically until under the magic 2000rpm limit again.

I put a call in to my local JAG dealer in Stockport who told me it could be a number of things from Turbo to EGR valve and a couple of other things I cannot remember (I am by no means technical - mechanically speaking).

I had similar experience on Sunday but it took less time to come on ethis time (maybe 5-10 mins) but the symptoms remain the same.

I am no expert but I am guessing it cannot be the turbo as if this was broken I would experience the lack of power from the get go, regardless of temperature?

Any ideas guys - I am really worried this is gonna be a big job costing mega bucks!!! Can anyone help please

If its any help my 2012MY 2.2D has approx 115K miles on it

Old 09-01-2015, 05:33 PM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

For the best response you should post technical question in the X250 forum.

The first step in troubleshooting is to have the DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) read. Stored or pending codes will tell you why Restricted Performance is happening. This is what the dealer will do but any independent with similar level diagnostics could do the same.

Graham

Old 09-02-2015, 06:30 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi XFR_Gold

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the concern that you have experienced with your vehicle. Please accept my apologies on behalf of Jaguar for any inconvenience and frustration that may have been caused.

For assistance with your concern, I would suggest visiting your local Jaguar retailer to allow them to assess your vehicle and advise accordingly.

However, should you require any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be happy to help.

Regards

Ryan