Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X Type Fuel filters

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 03:18 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default X Type Fuel filters

Good Day & A Happy New Year To all Members

Anyone give me information on the location of my fuel filter. Is there ONLY ONE ?

I had the idea there were two located below the rear seat - if so is there access from inside vehicle or does the whole suspension assembly below have to be dropped to get at them ?
Good old X type never going to give a sucker an even break.

Thanks & kind regards

Old 01-05-2015, 06:52 AM
Veteran member
Received 3,825 Likes on 3,144 Posts

ray, there is only 1 fuel filter for the car. Accessing it is really easy. The fuel filter is located on the underside of the car by the rear tire. If you are looking at the front of the car, walk around to the left and stand by the rear tire. If you jack up that tire and then crawl under the car just in front of that tire, you will see the fuel filter mounted on the vertical wall there. 2 bolts and the fuel filter comes off of the body of the car. Another bolt and the filter itself can be removed from the mounting plate. From there, you will need a special tool to release the retaining clips for each end of the filter.

Replacing the filter takes very little time. Go for it. The special tool should be available at your local auto parts place. They will probably call it a "Ford fuel line removal tool". It costs $10 USD. So, it is a fairly inexpensive tool.

The following users liked this post:
rayclark1 (01-06-2015)
Old 01-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Received 219 Likes on 97 Posts

+1 and here is a link to the fuel filter if you want to buy it:

jaghelp.com: Jaguar X-type recomended fluids

The following users liked this post:
rayclark1 (01-06-2015)
Old 01-06-2015, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by daxter1987

Originally Posted by Thermo
ray, there is only 1 fuel filter for the car. Accessing it is really easy. The fuel filter is located on the underside of the car by the rear tire. If you are looking at the front of the car, walk around to the left and stand by the rear tire. If you jack up that tire and then crawl under the car just in front of that tire, you will see the fuel filter mounted on the vertical wall there. 2 bolts and the fuel filter comes off of the body of the car. Another bolt and the filter itself can be removed from the mounting plate. From there, you will need a special tool to release the retaining clips for each end of the filter.

Replacing the filter takes very little time. Go for it. The special tool should be available at your local auto parts place. They will probably call it a "Ford fuel line removal tool". It costs $10 USD. So, it is a fairly inexpensive tool.
Thermo my grateful thanks for steering me on this one - I suppose I am learning about my beast all the time - pity he keeps giving me the opportunity. yes I will go for it and see if this is the way to solve my starting problem. A friend of mine a former jaguar serviceman says it is probably the most likely cause - we will live in hope and try to avoid dying in desperation. Seasons greetings to you - Ray

Old 01-06-2015, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by daxter1987

Daxter thanks for the link, this will help me for sure. Seasonal Greetings you & yours.