Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type problem with ABS/DSC control module

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 05:45 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default X-Type problem with ABS/DSC control module

Hi,

I'm Sebastian, X-Type owner from Poland. I have it since early 2014 and of course love this car
It is '01 ('02 according to VIN) winter gold Jaguar X-Type 3.0 with DSC and manual transmission.

Last summer my car started to act crazy on hot days. After about 15km drive message center starts displaying "DSC System Fault" and after some time all dash readings go to zero (speedo, rev, temperature etc). Randomly.
Of course then, CRUISE NOT AVAILABE, performace restricted, steering servo becomes very hard, even clutch works in strange way making fluent gear change much harder (it is manual transmission).
Sometimes even navigation unit shows communication error or resets temperature setting.

Of course, I get many communication errors (afair P1637, P1638, P1699 and CAN circiut error P1642 etc). Usually the last one with DSC or Instrument Cluster error.
There are no other errors or problems with car.

It worked alright during the winter, probable just because it was colder.

Recently problem started to reappear more frequently.
I went to local garage and after 3 days they diagnosed faulty ABS/DSC unit. With this unit disconnected, everything seems to be working fine (except that performance seems to be restriced and I have no ABS, hard steering and no speedo of course).
But at least rev and temperature indicators aren't dying anymore

The opened ABS unit and tried to repair it but unfortunately failed to do so.
They also replaced some parts in dashboard instrument cluster.
But it didn't help.

So, I need to buy another ABS unit (meanwhile I'm testing driving with DSC disabled via switch) , and here starts another problem
While there are plenty of cheap ABS units on ebay and allegro (polish auction portal), my unit is 1X43-2C405-BD (BOSCH 0265225067) ...

And this unit seems to be unavailable in Poland and rare and quite expensive elsewhere...

My question is : can I replace it with other parts like 1X43-2M110-AF ? (Or BOSCH 0265800008 or 0265222021 or ... anything)

Why my part is so expensive and rare?
Can I test if ABS modulator works with my car just by connecting harness to module (without installing whole part in car)?

Thanks in advance for any help

The following users liked this post:
Xx_Xtype_xX (10-10-2018)
Old 08-18-2016, 05:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ABS module repair, good fix

I have a 2004 X type that had exactly these symptoms. Faults when it got hot, showing lights, DCS fault, check engine, etc. I put some heat shielding between the radiator hose and ABS module which helped but didn't cure the problem. I finally pulled the module (6 star head screws but not undoing the brake lines) and sent the unit to MAS (My Auto Solutions) in Duluth Georgia, USA 30096. They repaired it for $115 including shipping (in states) and after installation no lights, codes, funny shifting, etc. Works perfectly. I tried driving the car with the module out and thought there were so many things not working I parked it.
This is apparently a common problem with the Bosch 5.7 ABS module but these people know how to fix it. I recommend them.
Joe