Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Type for taller folks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Type for taller folks?

I'll keep this as short as possible.

Im looking into buying a x-type , I saw a couple of them and my choice would be a 2004+ 3.0 manual. Problem is they are rare but really a bargain compared to its rivals. I want to source a low mile clean example but I don't even know if I'll fit... Im 6'8'' tall but slim (225lbs)

So , any tall guys on here with a X-Type ?

Thanks!

Old 08-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 279 Posts

Head room is pretty decent in an X-Type, but at the very least I'm sure you would have to have the seat back set pretty far back to not have your head hitting the head liner. Will that make for a comfortable driving style? You would have to determine that. I doubt there is a car on the road that someone that is 6'8" won't feel cramped to some degree. You'll just have to go drive one and see how you fit in the seats, the arm reach vs. the pedal feel vs. the head room. For what it is worth, my son is 6'4" and about 220 and was able make himself comfortable driving my car.

Good luck fitting in one and finding one, especially with low miles. 2005 is the last year they offered a manual. A 12 year old car and low miles don't usually fit together too often.

The following users liked this post:
warracer (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good point, im always somewhat cramped and used to tilt the seat back. I know I'll lose one place in the back because of that. But that's okay with me. Id settle for a earlier model but the viscous diff seems to be asking for trouble. And by low mile I meant under 90Kmiles ideally. Im not too worried about mechanical work since I do all my repairs on my other cars myself but I still want one in a good shape, Im not looking for another ''project car'' haha

Old 08-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

How about XJ8 L, it identical to X-Type but a bit bigger and with L model you have about 12" longer wheel base, plenty of room for you.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm 6'1" and I fit okay, but if I was 7" taller, I don't think I'd be comfortable. Maybe need to remove the driver's seat and sit in the back to drive

Old 08-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm 6'2" and I barely fit. The top of my head almost touches the roof. Mine has a sunroof, but I would say you would have an extra inch or so of ceiling height without a sunroof. For me it's a little awkward getting in & out, but once I'm in I'm perfectly comfortable. I kind of doubt that would be true if I was 6" taller. Also I have a friend who is 6'6" that rides with me sometimes. With the passenger seat all the way back, his knees are still touching the dash. He doesn't think he could drive it. I think Thang's advise about going for a larger model might be best for you.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 6'4 and fit in well with little head room left and i had to extend my sit back leaving less room for a passnger sitting behind the drivers sit.